1st Line Helpdesk Support Analyst – Carpenters
As one of the North West’s largest Personal Injury specialists, Carpenters are a dynamic, ambitious company with a dedicated staff team of more than 460 members. We are youthful, friendly and professional culture recognises values, develops every individual and provides a supportive and rewarding environment.
Carpenters are continuing their expansion and growth and with this continued growth in mind, we are now looking to recruit an 1st Line Helpdesk Support Analyst
• Log calls on the IT Service Desk.
• Maintain details of detected software/hardware problems.
• Provide 1st line technical support: answer support queries either directly or via phone or e-mail.
• Escalate with external support when necessary.
• Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary advice and appropriate level of support.
• Maintain and update internal documentation and database systems in a timely manner.
• Monitor the support ticketing system
• Ensure timely feedback and set expectations with clients.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required by the business.
• Observe and maintain confidentiality in relation to all correspondence and communications.
Management and Development
1. Ensure all principal accountabilities related to the role are being satisfied
2. Ensure adherence to defined SLAs
3. Deal with all matters in a professional, efficient manner
4. Participate in training sessions when required
5. Immediately notify the appropriate Manager/Director in relation to any identified potential system or process problem and participate in resolving the issue.
6. Ensure clients of the practice receive appropriate, professional and timely support.
7. Actively and positively promote and represent Carpenters Solicitors throughout the firm, and to external bodies.
8. Develop and maintain the relevant skills necessary to provide successful and effective helpdesk support.
9. Keep updated in all aspects of software developments.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required:
10. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
11. Customer service experience
12. The ability to adapt to change
13. The ability to ask clear and precise questions of the customer to ascertain the exact details of the problem.
14. A strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop OS, Windows Server OS.
15. Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office.
16. Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
17. The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
18. Positive and flexible attitude.
19. Knowledge of Active Directory, Citrix, Microsoft Exchange and VMware. OS Imaging solutions will be considered an advantage.
20. Knowledge of Legal case management systems and specifically Lexis Nexis Visualfiles will be considered an advantage.
21. Excellent organisational skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading firm offering an excellent salary and benefits for the right individual.