Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter (April 2014, issue 272). DOWNLOAD HERE
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• Front Page: Round 2 of the LSSA v Law Society row over the “preferred IT supplier” scheme. “Not in the best interests of the legal profession” say LSSA. The Law Society extends deadline for applications by one month has non-LSSA suppliers, such as Peppermint, join the boycott.
• Who’s In & Who’s Out: All this month’s wins, deals, swapouts & rollouts from the UK, EMEA, APAC and the Rest of the World
•Other Stories: More industry consolidation as Intapp buys The Frayman Group + xit2 exits the DIIG group + “Glass Action” as Phoenix law firm pioneers use of Google Glass in litigation.
• Ten Years After: In April 2004, Solution 6 Holdings sold its CMS and Keystone legal software business to Francisco Partners for £14 million. The business was subsequently renamed Aderant.
• In our comments section: Chris Bull & Simon Ryan look at business intelligence and ask if reporting for decision making has evolved from information to insight?
•Quote, Unquote: KM equals Hells Kitchen? Says KM consultant Gina Jennings “Knowledge management is like running a kitchen. It doesn’t matter how much you spend on technology, if you can’t cook and don’t get the recipe right, the meal will be a mess.”
• And in Dilbert the pointy-headed Boss ask if telecommuters are lying weasels!
Our next issue will be out on Tuesday 27 May 2014.
Click here to subscribe and see the full archive
• If you want to forward on a copy of this newsletter to a friend, please do so!
• If you are waiting for the print edition – that’s in the hands of the postal services
• If you subscribe to our Legal IT Insider Newsletter app – that is out now