Lots of ediscovery news to get through including stories from DTI + eDepoze & Esquire Deposition Solutions (& webinar) + Kroll Ontrack + Nuix & CCL Solutions + Iris Data + Commonwealth Legal & Ricoh Canada + Nexidia + Catalyst webinar
• DTI just announced that industry veteran Richard Alvino has joined the team as DTI’s director of sales in New York. In this role, Alvino is responsible for working with DTI’s existing team to expand the availability and implementation of DTI LPO services in law firms and corporations in the New York City marketplace. Alvino’s areas of focus will include traditional back office outsourcing/facilities management (FM), middle office outsourcing solutions and managed services for higher level litigation support outsourcing.
• eDepoze LLC a leading paperless deposition software provider, has named Esquire Deposition Solutions a provider of court reporting, video and translation services, as its exclusive Platinum reseller partner. WEBINAR: Check out the upcoming webinar No Paper Required: Digital Depositions Have Arrived on Thursday, August 14, 2014, at noon EST, featuring presenters Shawn Kennedy, CEO of eDepoze, and Avi Stadle., General Counsel, Esquire Deposition Solutions, to learn more about what the complete digital deposition experience from Esquire Deposition Solutions and eDepoze can do for you.
• Kroll Ontrack, a provider of data recovery and ediscovery, has announced data recovery capabilities for VMware Virtual SAN (VSAN). On the market since March 2014, Kroll Ontrack has already successfully recovered data from several hard disks that were managed by VSAN for a client in the Netherlands. In a combined team effort by Ontrack Data Recovery engineers from around the world, Kroll Ontrack was specifically able to recover all the data stored in the virtual machines from a total of 15 disks and three SSDs.
“Since VSAN is so new, we are very proud that we were able to completely recover virtual machines from VSAN hard disks for the first time,” said Paul Le Messurier, Programme and Operations Manager at Kroll Ontrack. “With newly gained knowledge, we developed a toolset for these systems, and can now handle new VSAN recovery requests in an expedited fashion.” In the initial Virtual SAN recovery case, one SSD failed which caused one of the three nodes to fail, and that took down the entire VSAN storage system. As a result, four large virtual machines comprised of valuable business data were lost. For more information on recovering VSAN hard disks and complete VSAN storage systems, visit http://www.krollontrack.co.uk/data-recovery/vmware-data-recovery/
• Nuix and CCL Solutions Group, a UK supplier supplier of digital forensics services, have signed an extended partnership to supply collaborative investigation solutions that enable law enforcement, enterprise, regulatory and legal investigative teams to handle large volumes of multi-channel digital evidence.
Nuix has also extended its eDiscovery product range to include Nuix Web Review & Analytics. This new web application allows corporate IT and legal teams and litigation service providers to conduct fast, collaborative eDiscovery review and quickly establish the key facts and merits of any case. Nuix Web Review & Analytics delivers online review capabilities with flexible role-based security from any web browser. Customers can distribute documents for review to specific case teams, lawyers, subject matters experts and third parties. Allowing multiple parties to collaborate on a single case file avoids the delays and complications of moving or exporting data into another tool.
• Iris Data Services has hired Daniel Gold to be a Sales Engineer Director. Gold will be dedicated to providing client consulting and devising effective managed services strategies. Iris Data Services has set the standard for eDiscovery managed services with a suite of products that includes Iris ARC, giving law firms and corporations a private Relativity environment for a fixed monthly fee. Gold has been in the legal industry for over a decade. He started out as a judicial law clerk for a Superior Court Judge. Prior to working for Iris, he spent seven years as a Litigation Specialist for LexisNexis. email@example.com
• The Kenyon Group announced that its client, Toronto-based Commonwealth Legal Inc, the leading litigation support company in Canada, has been acquired by Ricoh Canada, also with headquarters in Toronto. The transaction provides tremendous benefits for both organizations, and significantly impacts the quality of products and services available to Canadian customers in the litigation support services space. Commonwealth Legal will continue to service their customers as they do today, and will effectively remain unchanged from an operational perspective. www.CommonwealthLegal.com + www.Ricoh.ca + www.KenyonGroupLLC.com
• Nexidia, a provider of audio discovery solutions for the legal and regulatory markets, today announced the release of AudioFinder 4.3 with enhanced processing features for Audio Discovery. AudioFinder is a stand-alone application providing advanced audio processing capabilities that support a total audio discovery workflow. Used as a companion application with Nexidia Search, AudioFinder enables legal professionals to categorize and filter content during a pre-review phase, as well as to prepare content for production or distribution after a review. www.nexidia.com/legal
• WEBINAR: On Thursday, August 7, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. ET, Catalyst will present a live webinar covering the latest advances in TAR. Participants will learn how TAR 2.0 and the next generation of predictive ranking technologies overcome TAR’s initial limitations. They will also learn how to deploy the latest TAR engines cost-effectively in real-world legal matters. The webinar TAR 2.0: What You Need to Know about the Next Generation of Predictive Coding Engines features e-discovery experts John Tredennick, Catalyst founder & CEO, and Mark Noel, Catalyst’s managing director of professional services. http://catalystsecure.com/resources/events-and-webinars/events/840-tar