Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter (September 2015 #286). DOWNLOAD HERE
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• Lloyds Bank in-house team go with LexisNexis Visualfiles & prepare for billing pitch
• Veyo comes under further scrutiny following LSSA conveyancing portal launch – vendors complain of “no dialogue”
• Cooley transforms lawyer IT experience with new initiatives & new hires
• Nine months in – Baker Mack talks about its SAP experience
• The “rise of the machines” in law firms – and will lawyers’ coffee machines shortly have artificial intelligence? Caroline Hill reports on the latest developments at BLP, Riverview Law, Ashurst, Linklaters and Clifford Chance.
• Who’s in and Who’s out – all the latest wins and deals from around the UK, American, APAC and EMEA legal markets, including another firm goes with LexisOne + Intapp & Rekoop still battling it out for leadership of the UK time recording market + a SharePoint DMS at Shoosmiths wins prizes + Redcentric wins £2million real with the Legal Aid Agency + three new entrants into the market: Paessler at Trowers & Hamlins – Brochet taking on Tikit in the template sector – Venio Systems in ediscovery win at Altlaw
• People & Places including Intapp puts together its ales and management dream team + Rekoop hires the legal IT worlds favourite Dutchman Juul Leijnse to head push into Europe
Quote of the Month: “I waited seven years for two pieces of what, I though, were pretty basic functionality. I Retired and we still didn’t have it!” …the former GC of one US corporation on the dearth of modern software for in-house legal teams.
Our next issue will be out on Wednesday 4 November 2015
Click here to subscribe and see the full archive