Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter – June 2017 – Issue #304
• You can download the digital edition (NB it is a 3.0 Mb PDF file) FREE of charge HERE
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• Allen & Overy signs up with iManage – you read it here first in print – the Magic Circle giant signed on the dotted line last week (23 June) after a major trial including road testing NetDocuments.
• HighQ hires, losses, lessons learned: HighQ says hello to a trio of major hires following a turbulent 18 months that has seen it strip out its entire US senior leadership team – are the same mistakes being made again?
• Data security: Lessons from Foley’s insider trading case – this case, which as far as we know hasn’t been written about yet in the UK, throws up huge data security questions – we look at the allegations and latest regulation
• Vince Neicho joins Integreon – Allen & Overy’s respected litigation support head is jumping ship to become a legal solutions consultant for the LPO.
• John Hunter, former head of IT at the European Court of Human Rights has been appointed as tech head of the Council of Europe.
• Saturated with AI news? So are we, but we bring you two must-read reports from Slaughter and May and McKinsey.
• Word from the Managing Partner: Andrew Jenkinson, managing partner of Reed Smith in London talks to us about adopting agile working and what is next on the agenda.
• BLM launches a dedicated group co-chaired by IT director Abby Ewen and with ringfenced funds to look at innovative initiatives
• Phoenix files its latest accounts – there’s been a lot of talk about Phoenix accounts in the market and profit and cashflow are down but Phoenix’ revenue is up and it is growing internationally.
PLUS your favourites…
• Who’s in and Who’s out: all the latest wins and deals from around the UK, American, APAC and EMEA legal markets.
• Movers & Shakers: who is coming, who is going – and who has gone.
Our next issue (No #305 – July) will be out on Wednesday 26 July 2017
Click here to subscribe and see the full archive