AccessData releases Mobile Phone Examiner Plus 5.0
AccessData has announced the release of Mobile Phone Examiner Plus 5.0 (MPE+), which introduces new, advanced analysis capabilities and is designed to also facilitate mobile device discovery for litigation support personnel addressing e-discovery obligations.
“The MPE+ 5.0 release is not only the first mobile forensics solution designed with e-discovery in mind, but it also provides unsurpassed support for smart devices, Chinese mobile devices and third-party mobile evidence file formats,” commented Lee Reiber, director of mobile forensics at AccessData.
MPE+ is a stand-alone mobile forensics solution available as software only or preconfigured on a sleek touch tablet for on-scene preservation and preview of mobile device evidence. MPE+ is a unique alternative to pricey, cumbersome hardware solutions or suites of mobile forensics modules. It is a single solution that delivers comprehensive analysis, a customizable interface, easy export and robust reporting. In addition, it integrates with AccessData’s industry-leading computer forensics platform, Forensic Toolkit, to enable easy correlation of both mobile device and computer evidence within a single interface.
New features of MPE+ include the following:
• Industry Firsts – purpose-built timeline visualization and graphical social analyzer
• Supports 4800 mobile devices, including 1300 new profiles that often present challenges to investigators including Chinese MediaTek (MTK), Android (all supported partitions available for collection), Windows, Blackberry, LG, Nokia Series 30/40, Samsung, Motorola, ZTE, Sony Ericsson and more.
• Physical imaging of Samsung Galaxy S II devices, even if password protected and USB debugging is off
• New graphical interface allows for more intuitive collection and analysis
• Enhanced gallery view
• SQLite Explorer and PLIST Viewer
• Carve for deleted data in all SQLite databases
• iTunes Backup Browser
• Advanced filtering
• Supports a variety of forensic container file formats including AD1, E01, YAFFS, YAFFS2, EXT, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4 and DD
For more information, visit www.accessdata.com