APAC Legal IT News: Hunt & Hunt go with BigHand SaaS + other BigHand news
Mid-tier Australian law firm Hunt & Hunt has selected BigHand SaaS Voice solution for digital dictation, speech recognition and mobility replacing its legacy onsite solution. BigHand will be used to support over 150 professionals who will be utilising the BigHand SaaS platform to work anywhere with clients and increase turnaround of document production by utilising Server Side Speech Recognition.
“Hunt & Hunt selected BigHand to replace the incumbent provider as a key strategy to align to the business needs which have changed in a short period of time,” said Dejan Marinkovic, National Infrastructure Manager at Hunt & Hunt. “We saw BigHand as a business partner that can help us achieve and adapt to our needs very easily and in a short time frame.”
Dejan went on to outline that from a resource perspective the Hunt & Hunt team is not a big team and that “Moving to the BigHand SaaS platform meant it was one less system for the internal team to have to support. Also, with a lot of projects running in parallel, we were able to quickly move to the BigHand platform without having to spend time
installing/configuring any on premise infrastructure.”
“BigHand recognises how important the APAC market is and when setting up our SaaS servers here 18 months ago in preparation for firms to start moving to hosted platforms we could not have expected such a response from law firms and professional service organisations,” said Tony Bleasdale, Managing Director of BigHand Asia Pacific. “In such a short period of time 90 firms have switched from competitors because they get access to BigHand award winning Voice product suite including our Dictation, Mobility and Speech Recognition. BigHand SaaS is now used by Sole practitioners and organisations such as Hunt & Hunt across Australia, New Zealand and Asia at an affordable price which is hosted for them.”
Dejan also outlined the key engagement with BigHand “The key features to choosing BigHand was their customer
service support and knowledge within the law industry. BigHand also spend a lot of time on educating their clients on
how to dictate, and how to get the best out of their products. This was very appealing to us. Being on the SaaS platform will allow us to work towards implementing Speech Recognition easily and without having any upfront costs like the other providers. “
In other BigHand APAC news…
* Daniel Page has joined from LexisNexis and James Bible has also joined from Thomson Reuters to bolster up the team with huge amount of experience inside law firms, government agencies and professional service firms supply software such as Lexis Visualfiles and Thomson Reuters MatterSphere and 3E!
* Hall & Wilcox, who have now extended their BigHand Voice installation to add Speech Recognition with BigHand SmartNote to automatically generate and file documents into iManage and BigHand Now workflow platform.
* Finalysons, who have who have selected BigHand Now for digital form and workflow procedures internally at the firm
New Client announcements
* Russells Lawyers in Queensland with BigHand Voice utilising smartnote and speech recognition
* IrdI Legal – Implementation BigHand Voice and BigHand Now
* Hall Payne – BigHand Voice, Speech Recognition and BigHand Now