*Experience working within the professional services sector i.e. legal, insurance, banking is essential*
Our client – a leading international law firm – is seeking an Application Architect to join their team in the office of the CTO based in London.
The Application Architect will be primarily accountable for setting the future direction of technology at the firm and this includes:
• The design, creation, testing and documentation of applications (including document management and web services) from supplied specifications, in accordance with agreed standards, costs, and timescales.
• Architecture, technical oversight and decision making.
• Definition and creation of all technology roadmaps.
• Technical governance across entire IT portfolio.
• Technical expertise on waterfall build projects that grow and transform the business
• Agile delivery
Essential experience required:
• *Experience working within the professional services sector i.e. legal, insurance, banking is essential*
• Proven track record in providing technical leadership and delivering enterprise wide solutions.
• Experience designing and implementing new applications and software services in an enterprise environment.
• Strong experience of both functional and non-functional solution architecture design
• Experience working with large projects as part of a Project team with the confidence and knowledge to influence technical direction.
• Ability to create comprehensive technical documents including Technical Design documents, Infrastructure diagrams, Support transition guides and project specific documentation.
• Technical background covering application development / programming, ideally Microsoft stack – SQL Server, C#.net, ASP.net
• TOGAF / Zachman
• Cloud computing (private and public)