This is a new role in the team and will involve working alongside the Application Integrators and the IT Service Delivery teams. The Application Support Specialist plays a key role in ensuring the broad range of applications used by the Firm are working efficiently, and that any problems are quickly resolved.
This is a varied role that will see you focusing on the following areas:
• Application support – you will be responsible for ensuring the quick resolution of application problems reported to you via the IT Service Desk. Working in a team of three, you will work with in-house IT specialists and third party suppliers to resolve reported issues and prevent repetitions. The applications are a mix of commercially available off the shelf products (COTS) and in-house written, so you will need to be confident working with a wide range of products and relish the challenge of keeping these working at optimum efficiency.
• Application maintenance – keeping the Firm’s software maintained at supported levels and patched with the appropriate security patches and hotfixes is a key part of the role. You will be responsible for the delivery of a successful application patching regime, and work closely with the IT management team to help shape the application roadmap and upgrade strategy.
• Project delivery – you will have the opportunity to be closely involved in application upgrade and business change products, and take the lead on small change projects. You will help gather business requirements and shape IT business solutions which support the needs of the Firm.
• IT service delivery – it’s a relatively small IT team which means you may occasionally be called upon to help with change or problem management, or support activity outside your normal role so flexibility is key.
• Service development – you will use your experience to identify opportunities to make best use of functionality which is available in existing software to drive cost and process efficiency, and work with the Service Desk and Training teams to minimise repeat calls.
If you have a background in IT application support, ideally in the legal sector we would very much like to hear from you.
This is a technical hands-on role, so you will need to be able to prioritise your own workload, work closely to deadlines, and work with minimum supervision and under pressure. In some cases you will be the last line of support, so you’ll need tenacity, creativity and excellent problem solving skills to get to a resolution.
You will need to demonstrate from experience that you are exceptionally organised and proactive, that you have a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude, and that you have the skills to work closely with the internal IT team, third party service suppliers and directly with the business.
The role will see you taking responsibility for our systems and these operate on Microsoft/Citrix so you will need a good understanding of supporting infrastructure technologies (Active Directory, physical and virtual servers, storage and backup, LAN, WAN, telephony etc), as well as demonstrable support skills in as many of the following technologies as possible: Citrix, Microsoft Widows Server, SQL Server, Elite Enterprise, iManage, VisualFiles, Metastorm, BigHand, Sharepoint, Timebuilder etc. Knowledge of C# .Net or Powershell, SSRS, would be an advantage.
Clarke Willmott LLP is a national law firm with offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton. We provide a wide range of legal services to corporate clients, organisations and individuals. Our modern offices in Bristol city centre are in an attractive riverside location, with secure bicycle parking, shower/changing facilities and an on-site cafeteria.
Having enjoyed significant growth in recent years, we now have over 500 people, including over 90 partners and we are continuing to grow.
As a firm we are known for providing a supportive and positive place to work, with an open and collaborative culture. In our most recent (late 2014) staff survey, over 86% of respondents said they would recommend us to family and friends as a place to work and 98% agreed that they had strong working relationships with their colleagues. The UK Law Firm of the Year 2016 survey by RollonFriday.com placed us fourth nationally as a place to work (moving up from fifth place in 2015), coming second overall for management and top for work/life balance. We have recently been scored as one of the 9 top performing firms in the Legal Week’s Best Employers’ Survey 2016.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: 166-BBL