APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ANALYST / ENGINEER – Law Firm, Manchester – competitive + package
APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ANALYST / ENGINEER – Manchester – to £competitive + package
Skills: Windows 7 2010 Microsoft Office 2010 Word, PowerPoint, Excel Outlook, iManage SQL Server Powershell VBScript Litera ChangePro SCCM RDS VPN TS Citrix PMS CMS
Our client is a major international professional services firm – looking for a talented Applications Engineer / Analyst to join its international team out of its new Shared Service Centre, base central Manchester. The role will assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of software and hardware solutions for all facets of the firm’s work. You will be responsible for the installation, development, maintenance, and support of enterprise applications – from the user interface to back-end platforms. You will also assist with general automation needs including, but not limited to, desktop and notebook systems, Operating Systems (Windows 7 / 2010), and core applications (Microsoft Office Suite) for the office.
KEY SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Solid experience installing, maintaining, and supporting enterprise scale applications and their constituent database backend platforms required
– Solid experience in PC software, operating systems and hardware support – including experience in technical documentation, installations, scripting (VBscript/Powershell), MS SQL server platforms and upgrades desirable
– Good experience working within a Microsoft Active Directory and Server environment required
– Expert knowledge and proficiency in a wide variety of software programs, including Windows 7 / 2010 and Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), iManage, Litera ChangePro Carpe Diem
– Analytical skills needed to troubleshoot a variety of symptoms, diagnose problems, and test, recommend and implement solutions to technology problems
– Experience supporting enterprise applications in the legal/financial industry is required – including applications such as time keeping, expense management, document management systems (esp Interwoven) and workflow systems
– Experience with using software deployment systems to package and install applications required
– Experience with working with remote access technologies, including MS Terminal Server, Citrix, BlackBerry BES and BlackBerry handhelds required – as well as Fax Server technology and Digital Dictation systems
Additionally, you should possess a degree or higher diploma – or be qualified by experience – as well as possess Microsoft certifications (MCTS or MCSA). You should be a strong communicator, be a solid team player and have a customer service focus. Strong personal development culture – the client will support you as you pick up new skills.
Call or Email email@example.com NOW for further details on this exciting opportunity.