Assistant Business Intelligence Specialist – Global Law Firm, London £45,000
Our client is a Global Law Firm with an vast IT infrastructure. The client is now looking to recruit an Assistant Business Intelligence Specialist which attracts a salary of £40,000 to £45,000 plus excellent benefits.
In this position you would be responsible for providing support for the firm’s Business Intelligence system. You will need to combine good technical skills with accuracy and the ability to cope under pressure, given the demands of the work involved and business requirements.
Key Responsibilities are:
* Assists with MS SQL Administration tasks on Data Warehouse, Reporting and Analysis
* Assists with month-end Reporting procedures and daily report subscription administration
* Provides SQL support to Accounts Systems for ad-hoc data extracts and updates to Elite Accounting System
* Assists with administration on ProClarity server and provides support to ProClarity users.
* Assists with design, development and testing of new reporting requirements using SQL, MDX and .Net programming skills
* Assists with updates and fixes to Data warehouse and ETL process to fulfil changing
* Assists with upgrades and changes to utility applications through VB and .Net programming skills
* Provides 3rd line support to the Service Delivery Team, where BI related queries are
* Documents changes to applications through design, configuration and support reports
* Documents the Business Intelligence related policies and procedures
Provides general backup to the Senior BI Specialist in all Business Intelligence related
* Works closely with other members of the Applications Services team, the wider IT &
* Telecoms department and external support teams to provide a total solution service
Key Technical Skills Required:
* Solid SQL Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008 Administration
* Excellent Transact-SQL, complex Stored Procedures and triggers
* Extensive experience in using SSIS/DTS packages to implement ETL processes
* Experienced in data warehousing, with understanding of Kimball methodology and OLAP
* Good SQL Reporting Services and report subscription administration.
* Experienced in developing RDL reports in Visual Studio .NET 2003 / BIDS
* Strong SQL Server Analysis Services with working knowledge of MDX queries
* Good knowledge of Visual Basic 6 / .NET / C#
* Experience with ProClarity (or similar analytics tool) advantageous but not essential
* Good technical documentation skills
* An understanding of operational delivery of service strategies, process and procedures & a working knowledge of ITIL to foundation level (or similar structured approach)
This position is based in Central London and pays a salary in the region of £40,000 to £45,000 plus excellent flexible benefits.
To apply, email your CV to Mark Lennard email@example.com or call 0207 871 9909