Bighand today launched v4 of its Bighand for Blackberry Dictation App. The new smartphone version, which is released following extensive client input, includes several features Bighand claim are unique and not available from other dictation providers:
New features include:
• Take and attach photos to dictations – allowing users to both take photos from within Bighand software and automatically attach them to the related voice file for submission.
• Document attachments – attach any document or file type to Bighand dictations on a Blackberry and submit them to the relevant workflow. Any file which can be browsed to can be attached. The files will also be accessible from the desktop client once sent.
• Review finalised documents – authors can instantly access and review final documents, driven by the Bighand system, from their smartphone without having to access their network via a laptop
• Advanced profiling – add additional and customised profile information to dictations prior to submission. The profile data is then also accessible in the desktop client.
• Full ‘Work in Progress’ visibility – view all your dictations, including those submitted from the desktop, on the Blackberry instead of just those submitted from the device.
• Full central configuration – all Blackberry client settings will be configurable from the BlackbBerry Enterprise Server, giving system administrators full control over device settings.
Asif Ali, Bighand’s Head of Products, commented “Busy professionals are increasingly looking to smartphone apps to multi-task on-the-go when faced with testing commercial or public sector targets. Recent research within our client base continued to emphasise the growing need to get more done remotely, and users made some innovative suggestions that led directly to new features included within this release.
“Our new photo and dictate feature, for example, can be utilised by a surveyor to make voice notes and associate them with an on-site image; it allows police to photograph incident scenes in the absence of a dedicated unit and record their verbal assessment; and enables lawyers or insurers to record notes while on site visits and associate them with a picture or document. In all cases these richer data sources are wrapped together and instantly available back at HQ within the system.
“Bighand software now combines verbal, visual and document information in order to save a professional time, and crucially it streamlines the administrative side when they get back to their office by enabling work sharing or automatically converting voice-to-text.”
A video demo is available on the Bighand YouTube Channel – see embedded link below – plus a Bighand for Blackberry4 Pre-Sales Technical Datasheet can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For live demonstrations and Q&A sessions, please see the global schedule and registration details below:
UK Breakfast Briefings:
Tues 15th June 8am-10am London
Weds 16th June 8am-10am Norwich
Thurs 17th June 8am-10am Bristol
Fri 18th June 8am-10am Birmingham
Tues 22nd June 8am-10am Manchester
Weds 23rd June 8am-10am Liverpool
Thurs 24th June 8am-10am Leeds
Fri 25th June 8am-10am Newcastle
Thurs 1st July 8am-10am Edinburgh
Fri 2nd July 8am-10am Glasgow
Tues 20th July 8am-10am London
Email email@example.com for exact venue details and/or to register for one of the UK briefings
North American Webinar – Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 10:00 am CDT (Chicago, GMT-05:00). To register visit: https://bighand.webex.com/bighand/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=708683235
Australia & New Zealand Webinar – Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 4:00 pm Australia EST (Sydney, GMT+10:00). To register visit: https://bighand.webex.com/bighand/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=704923501