BigHand just announced the launch of BigHand for BlackBerry 10. To coincide with Research In Motion’s global launch of the new BB10 platform on January 30th, BigHand will be providing visitors at the upcoming LegalTech Conference* in New York City, January 29th-31st (Booth #2108) with an exclusive opportunity to get a first look at the enterprise dictation app on the new platform. BigHand for BlackBerry 10 will be released at the same time as the new devices, providing legal professionals with a unique productivity tool that enables them to instantly send dictations or instructions on their new BlackBerry 10 smartphone to support staff for transcription and completion.
Jon Ardron, CEO of BigHand, commented, “With over 165,000 professionals using our voice productivity technology worldwide, BigHand is focused on providing applications that can help lawyers get more done from anywhere in the world on their smartphone. Our longtime relationship with RIM has helped BigHand bring some of the first enterprise mobile dictation apps to the legal marketplace years ago. The new BlackBerry 10 app is a continuation of that relationship and reinforces BigHand’s commitment to providing first-to-market productivity apps for busy professionals as well as continuing to support our large mobile application user base that utilizes BlackBerry devices. As our clients and other firms move to the BlackBerry 10 platform, BigHand will immediately be able to offer them support for one of the newest and most highly anticipated mobile platforms.”
In addition to lawyers being able to submit voice files directly from their BlackBerry 10 smartphone, lawyers can then track the status of all submitted dictations via the dictation app, while office-based staff can prioritize and share dictations for more efficient processing.
Other features include:
– Automatic notification to review attached files
– Simple one-click record
– Live status updates on submitted dictations
– Attach documents, pictures, and files
– Multiple priority options
• Following the global launch on January 30th, BigHand will be a part of RIM’s global tour BlackBerry Experience Forum showcasing the new BigHand dictation app for BlackBerry 10 in cities including Toronto, Washington DC, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Paris, Sydney and Frankfurt over the course of February and March 2013.
• To get a first-hand look at the BigHand app for BlackBerry 10, visit booth #2108 at LegalTech NY 2013 or BigHand’s tabletop at the CIO Conference (taking place in the same venue at the same time). You can also contact Allison Stegich at Allison.email@example.com to set up a private demo.
• If you are in the UK, you will be able to see BigHand’s app for the new BlackBerry10 device at the company’s Annual User Conference, which this year is taking place on 6th February in London and 13th February in Manchester.
Here’s some more details about the User Conference: London on 6th February at the London Film Museum, South Bank + 13th February at the Museum of Science & Industry in Manchester. The guest speaker is Dame Sarah Storey, DBE + Richard Susskind, OBE will be speaking at the London event.
The events start at 10am and finish at 5pm with a champagne reception. Details here
http://pages.bighand.com/ELPUserConference201213-Registration.html or email Molly Martin at Molly.Martin@bighand.com
COMMENT: So far this is the first-ever legal enterprise dictation app to have been announced for the new BlackBerry 10 platform.