Bighand to release new versaion of its software
Tomorrow voice technology specialist Bighand holds its annual user conference in London and on the agenda will be the launch of a new version software – BigHand 4.2. We've had a sneak preview of the software, which takes a step forward in making speech recognition accessible to all types of authors and for a much broader range of work. Here are some of the highlights…
• One Click Voice to Email – instantly launch emails within Outlook and pre-populate the subject and body with automatically transcribed text, all from a single icon in the BigHand recorder.
• Formatting Control via Voice Commands – improve the formatting of transcription via voice commands including the ability to bold, italicise, underline, capitalise and bullet.
• Instructions Mode – improve the speed of document production, instructional text is highlighted within the transcription and is easily identifiable during proofreading.
• Enhanced Secretarial Proofreading Tools – ensure accuracy of automatically transcribed documents by instantly exporting text into Word templates and proofreading at high speed.
• Advanced Speech Recognition Analytics – enable more sophisticated management reporting on the use of speech recognition to promote best practice and help resource planning.
• Enhanced Smartphone support – increase mobile productivity with support for new smartphone platforms: iPhone iOS5 and Android 2.3, plus Bluetooth for hands-free dictation.
According to Ben Mills, managing director, Bighand EMEA Legal & Professional Services “We are incredibly excited about the launch of BigHand 4.2. Our new
software is the result of our experience in delivering successful speech
recognition projects and extensive consultation with users through a
series of customer focus groups. We have developed new features that
make speech recognition technology available to a much wider group of
authors. We have also developed new proofreading tools that will further
improve secretarial efficiency.
“We understand that having the right technology in place is just one part
in the process. We believe BigHand project delivery makes the
difference between a satisfactory deployment and a great deployment. Our
expertise in managing projects and driving user adoption is backed up
by the high levels of service and support that customers have come to
expect from BigHand.”