Business Analyst – Leeds
Our client is a global leader in the provision of technology to the legal sector. The company are expanding rapidly and are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join their Enterprise Solution team working with their law firm clients.
The Business Analyst role forms a link between the needs of the client and software development team.
Effectively capturing and articulating requirements in an appropriate format to allow consistent, quality development to take place. Close liaison with the product management and development teams is essential to the success of the role and effective working relationships are consistently maintained in this area.
Playing a major role in the development lifecycle of the solution, this role ensures that effective business requirement specifications are created and agreed, a solution design is approved within the overall firm’s business strategy, and that effective user acceptance testing and rollout is carried out.
Key Role Areas:
• Adherence to Business Analysis practices and procedures and contribution to their evolution.
• To gather and analyse business requirements using a variety of analysis techniques.
• To produce Analysis artifacts and contribute to their development.
• Maintain and keep up to date the documentation of functionality to accepted industry and ISO standards.
• To understand and clarify the business proposition as delivered by the Product Manager.
• Maintain ownership of the requirements throughout the development process.
• To assist the Functional Analysts and Developers in the successful translation of requirements into a workable solution.
• To assist the QA team in the formulation and successful execution of test scripts and scenarios.
• To contribute to effective user testing.
• To build and maintain relationships between clients and the company.
• Build effective working relationships with Product Managers, Professional Services, Support and internal Development staff.
• Participate in the effective transition of the team’s methodology according to the needs of the business.
• To understand and communicate the issues and possible solutions to business problems.
The role required the following key skills
• Analyses and understands client requirements ensuring they are communicated and translated into a workable solution.
• Keeps knowledge and experience of analysis and design methodologies up-to-date.
• Gains a clear understanding of product management and market placement.
• Demonstrates analysis skills and knowledge of relevant tools.
• Manages and prioritises own work to accommodate participation in multiple simultaneous projects.
• Exercises independent judgement and take action on it.
• Understands our client’s and our own organisation’s goals and objectives
Experience required in the following:
• Experience of Dynamics AX Project Management and/or Accounting Module
• Experience with Elite, 3E, Aderant, SOS, Liberate, ProClaim Axxia etc
• Proven analysis and problem solving skills
• Experience of other core AX modules
• Knowledge & experience of Legal market and / or ERP implementations
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global leading supplier of of technology. The role will be based from the company’s office in Leeds but can involve working from home for periods during the week. The company offer excellent career prospects and a highly competitive benefits package