Business Analyst, Legal Software Vendor – Yorkshire, to £55,000
Our client is a leading international supplier of software to the legal sector . Its products are used by many of the leading global law firms and the company is going through a period of rapid expansion. To assist with the expansion, the company is now seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join its team.
The post holder will play an important role acting as the interface between the company’s clients and its development team with responsibility for capturing clients’ needs and articulating the requirements to allow for consistent and quality development. You will play a major role in the development life-cycle, enduring effective business requirement specifications are created and agreed and a solution design approved within the company’s business strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the legal technology arena, ideally with experience of case and/or practice management systems
Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain adherence to Business Analysis practices and procedures and contribute to their development and evolution.
• To gather and analyse business requirements using appropriate analysis techniques.
• To produce Analysis artifacts and contribute to their development.
• To take ownership of the delivery of team artifacts.
• To constantly review artifacts and assess their suitability suggesting alterations and improvements.
• Maintain and keep up to date the documentation of functionality to accepted industry and ISO standards.
• To understand, agree and clarify the business proposition as delivered by the Product Manager.
• To assist the Functional Analysts and Developers in the successful translation of requirements into a workable solution for all team artifacts.
• To assist the QA team in the formulation and successful execution of test scripts and scenarios.
• To contribute to effective user testing and strategies for improvement.
Skills & Responsibilities:
• Maintains an in depth understanding of Legal practices and processes, functionality & systems.
• Experience working with and implementation of case and matter management solutions.
• Experience and ability to co-ordinate a team of analysts in delivering significant requirements / functional specifications
• Extensive practical hands on experience of producing analysis deliverables (requirements documents & functional specifications)
• Experience of management of requirements through the full lifecycle of projects.
• Analyses and understands client requirements ensuring they are communicated and translated into a workable solution.
• Maintains knowledge and experience of analysis and design methodologies is up-to-date.
• Gains a clear understanding of product management and market placement.
• Demonstrates analysis skills and knowledge of relevant tools.
• Manages and prioritises own work to accommodate participation in multiple simultaneous projects.
• Understands our client’s and our own organisation’s goals and objectives.
• Conforms to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Demonstrates the ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of the legal profession and industry related software.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading international software house and will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits.