Channel News: new alliances, new partnerships, new investments and new acquisitions
Lots of channel news, including new alliances, new partnerships, new investments and new acquisitions featuring Chrome River & Grasp Technologies + Olympus & BigHand + Intapp & DW Reporting + Mitratech + DMGI & Ochresoft + Thomson Reuters & Neota Logic + Eclipse Legal & CRIF
• US News: Grasp Technologies just announced they will provide Chrome River customers with enriched travel data, allowing greater visibility and control. “Organizations struggle to get a comprehensive 360-degree view of all travel, whether it’s booked through their corporate systems or booked separately by travelers,” said Carol Ann Salcito of Management Alternatives, an independent travel industry consultancy. “This partnership between Chrome River and Grasp bridges that gap, and will in turn provide organizations with a solution to this long-standing problem.” www.chromeriver.com + www.grasptech.com
• US News: Olympus Imaging America Inc has announced a partnership with BigHand North America. The partnership will allow customers to utilize Olympus professional digital recorders and BigHand’s Voice Productivity Technology as a bundled solution, providing enhanced efficiency and allowing them to get more done with their voice. “BigHand’s voice productivity solution enables users to dictate anywhere at any time using a secure cloud or enterprise infrastructure,” said Eric Wangler, President, BigHand North America. “By teaming up with Olympus to add their state-of-the-art professional digital dictation products to our offerings, we’re confident we’ll be even better equipped to meet the business needs of our clients and to deliver an efficiency-enhancing solution that’s right for our clients.” www.bighand.com + www.getolympus.com
• UK + US News: DW Reporting, an independent finance systems and reporting consultancy, announced that it is partnering with Intapp to deliver customised reports on law firm time management. Intapp Time provides an extensive reporting environment built on Microsoft SSRS. DW Reporting will provide Intapp Time customers with further customisation of their analytics, and help to bring accurate time management data into their existing BI platforms. “Now more than ever, accurate time management data is critical to making effective business decisions, and firms cannot afford to keep that data in silos. The valuable data available via Intapp Time – together with the in-depth business intelligence expertise of DW Reporting – are a powerful combination, enabling data to be delivered wherever it’s needed,” said Norm Mullock, vice president of the revenue practice at Intapp. “Integrating applications and data has long been a focus for Intapp, and we’re excited to work with DW Reporting to provide firm management with a comprehensive view of business performance – where, when and how they need it.” www.intapp.com + www.dwreporting.com
• US + EMEA News: Mitratech has appointed Jason Heyman as its Managing Director, EMEA. Increasing European demand for comprehensive legal management products, including matter management, legal project management, spend management and e-Billing, contract management, legal hold, and compliance solutions, drove Mitratech to significantly expand investment in the region. In addition to appointing Heyman to lead the team serving European clients, Mitratech is re-establishing its London office. Heyman brings to Mitratech more than 14 years of experience in the legal software industry in Europe. At Winscribe (formerly SRC), Jason was a pioneer in introducing technology for enterprise productivity to the legal field. www.mitratech.com
In other Mitratech has reached agreement to acquire TeamConnect Legal Hold, previously a white-label solution for TeamConnect, developed by Kiersted Systems. TeamConnect Legal Hold helps legal staff create, maintain, and enforce a legal hold process that can withstand judicial scrutiny, minimizing the overall risk to the business. Legal departments are able to:
• Identify matters requiring legal hold early in the matter lifecycle, reducing risk to the organization
• Select custodians using integration with an HR database
• Get visibility throughout the legal hold lifecycle and quickly pull documentation needed for court appearances, with powerful out-of-the-box reporting.
• Send email notices to custodians and non-TeamConnect users, directing them to a secure site where they can attest to compliance and understanding of holds.
• Access recipient responses through mobile devices
• Get real-time tracking agreement and compliance
• Assert greater control of the discovery process by storing matter management and legal hold information in one central location
• UK News: dmgi::land&property europe, a division of DMGT (Daily Mail and General Trust plc), has announced the conclusion of a strategic minority investment in OchreSoft Technology Ltd, a legal workflow specialist. As a result of the investment, dmgi::land&property europe is making substantial funds available for the future development of the business.
Mark Milner, CEO of dmgi::land&property europe, commented that the strategic investment will complement the group’s long-term growth strategy: “We are delighted to be investing in OchreSoft. The Company and the management team have built an excellent reputation as a quality legal workflow company and our investment will help them grow market share in both the conveyancing and private client legal workflow services sector.”
OchreSoft’s CEO, Richard Bretherton adds: “The investment from dmgi::land&property europe has enabled our original venture capital fund to exit and provides new funds for business growth and product development. Our new shareholders have extensive experience in our core sectors of property and private client services, meaning we have an exciting forward-thinking strategic partnership. DMGT itself has an impressive track record of long-term relationships and active support for its investments.” www.dmgilp.com + www.ochresoft.com
• US News: Thomson Reuters has selected Neota Logic Server to provide interactive decision tools for the company’s new Checkpoint Catalyst service for tax professionals. The Neota Logic platform enables the creation of solutions ranging from on-demand legal and compliance guidance to high volume case review and analysis to automated document assembly and management. Law firms, publishers, consultants and Fortune 500 GCs are all discovering how our solutions leverage expertise, improve process and reduce risk. www.neotalogic.com
• UK News: Eclipse Legal Systems has announced integration with a new-to-market ID and Anti Money Laundering (AML) service. Eclipse is the very first software vendor to have partnered with CRIF Decision Solutions Ltd and its new online ID Check and AML Check services. CRIF is well known for its work in the insurance industry, with a long pedigree of providing decision making and fraud prevention solutions. Projects with the UK insurance industry such as integration with the Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register (CUE) and the Injury Claims Portals (RTA and EL / PL) have positioned CRIF as the leading developer in its field. www.eclipselegal.co.uk + www.crifdecisionsolutions.co.uk