Time for a big catch-up on channel news, featuring a cast of thousands, including HotDocs, Copyrite, K2, DPS Software, Voicepath, SearchFlow, Hoowla, Ochresoft, Rekoop, iManage, Blackberry, TRU Staffing, Alt Legal, AdvoLogix, Worldox, Salesforce, Handshake Software, Intapp, Evolve Law, Phoenix and BigHand.
• EMEA – HotDocs as announced partnerships with document solutions provider Copyrite, plus K2, and with Dublin-based IT services provider Parthos.
• UK – DPS Software has launched an integration module allowing DPS case and practice management users to automatically pass work, created using the DPS Team Talk digital dictation software to Voicepath for outsourced transcription services.
• UK – SearchFlow has announced integrations with conveyancing case management systems from both Hoowla and Ochresoft.
• UK – Rekoop has announced a major investment in its IT infrastructure. Partnering with managed hosting provider UKFast, Rekoop is spending £500k on its own private Cloud to develop a highly resilient, scalable and secure platform for the delivery of its applications. Explains CEO Phil Wedgwood “With more users coming on stream every month, it’s essential that we maintain service standards and the integrity of our application delivery.” UKFast offers a privately-owned, ISO27001-accredited data centre.
• UK & Global – iManage has signed up Appurity as a new partner – the company has written a mobility integration for the iManage Work (aka WorkSite) DMS and the Blackberry platform. A number of UK law firms are currently rolling out the system, more details to follow. www.appurity.co.uk
• US – New York-based TRU Staffing Partners has acquired the Kennett Group and launched a new division, TRU Cyber, which will focus explicitly on cybersecurity staffing and career management. Jeff Scarpitti, founder & managing principal of the Kennett Group, a boutique search firm, has joined TRU as partner & president of the new TRU Cyber division
• US – Plainlegal, an intellectual property (IP) management software-as-a-service company based in New York City, has rebranded as Alt Legal. Founder & CEO Nehal Madhani comments: “Plainlegal has had incredible success simplifying the preparation and management of IP for lawyers. However, because our company has grown and evolved significantly, we needed to rebrand. As of today, we are officially Alt Legal, a name which reflects our commitment to pioneering an alternative way for intellectual property professionals to practice IP law.” http://www.altlegal.com
• US – AdvoLogix, a cloud-based legal matter management solution provider has announced an integration with DMS provider Worldox, and a new partnership with Kiersted, which will enable the delivery of customized, cloud-based legal solutions through the widely used Salesforce platform. By utilizing the Salesforce cloud delivery platform, AdvoLogix enables its customers to streamline and automate day-to-day processes, while using a platform in which many companies have already invested. The partnership brings together Kiersted’s consulting experience and AdvoLogix’s unique service offerings, providing legal clients with a powerful and efficient solution.
• US – Neudesic and Handshake Software have announced that The Firm Directory, the leading people-based expertise location system for law firms and legal departments built on the Pulse collaboration platform, will integrate with Handshake Software’s SharePoint-based Portals, Enterprise Search and data-driven Expertise Locator products. “We work with both Handshake and Neudesic, and they deliver great results. So we’re excited that they’re teaming up, and we look forward to what comes out of their collaboration,” said Patrick DiDomenico, director of knowledge management at Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart. The partnership combines the best in class Neudesic Firm Directory, featuring people-centric profiles that enable the capture and discovery of experience, with Handshake Software’s leading portal solutions for the legal industry. Clients can now utilize The Firm Directory’s skills taxonomy to surface attorney experience, which is now integrated with Handshake Software’s data-driven attorney expertise from financial and other line-of-business systems, time entries, documents and contacts.
• US – Intapp has announced the expansion of its Services Partner Program with a focus on Intapp Open. Intapp Open is the leading application for new business intake and conflicts management adopted by over 100 law firms worldwide. The program now includes new certification levels for service providers in technical consulting, process consulting and business consulting based on their experience with Intapp software, as well as their overall proficiency and experience in NBI and conflicts. “With the rapid adoption of Intapp Open, many firms have asked to work with our preferred partners for services ranging from implementation and training to process consulting around NBI. Our new certification program will help our customers identify the partners with the capabilities, resources and expertise they require,” said Brian Lynch, Director, Services Partner Program, Intapp. “For Intapp partners, the expanded program provides new training and support resources, as well as recognition for the knowledge, skills and experience they bring to services engagements for our joint customers.”
Certified Services Partners that have received special recognition for their work with Intapp Open to date include:
· Aurora North Software – Technical and Process Consulting
· InOutsource – Technical, Process and Business Consulting
· Pinnacle – Technical and Process Consulting
· HBR – Technical, Process and Business Consulting
· PLA – Technical and Process Consulting
· Hyperion – Technical and Process Consulting
• US – Evolve Law, an open membership organization focused on driving technology innovation and adoption in the legal industry, today announced the launch of its new online community and website, designed to promote collaboration between entrepreneurs and law firms and attorneys, and speed adoption of new technology. There are 20 founding members of the Evolve Law community including Alt Legal; Avvo; Clio; CrowdLaw; CuroLegal; Domain Skate; Davis Wright Tremaine LLP; eBrevia; FactBox; Good2bSocial; Hire an Esquire; Hotshot Legal; IntheBenches; LawLytics; Legal Hero; NextGenJustice; Patdek; Privileged Communications; Traklight; and Valcu.
• UK & Global – Phoenix has announced a strategic partnership with SeeUnity, a global provider of ECM integration solutions, to empower two-way synchronization between iManage, SharePoint, and HighQ platforms, key partner products in the Phoenix Business Solutions portfolio. Two-way synchronization capabilities will enable firms utilizing multiple cloud-based platforms to ensure the integrity of matter files stored in their internal DMS. Many firms already utilize cloud-based extranets and deal rooms, as well as actively seek technology to support and integrate global work to publish knowledge content firm-wide. This adds to the complexity and onus on law firms to maintain a primary source such as their DMS as the single source of truth. Phoenix commented “At matter completion, law firms want the comfort of knowing that everything is stored in iManage or the firm’s DMS of choice. Two-way synchronization facilitates and ensures the integrity of the matter file. SeeUnity has a demonstrated, proven technology in this area and has been extremely responsive to customers’ requests; we are pleased to partner with them and proud to continually deliver leading edge capabilities to help our clients succeed in the market. ”
• APAC – BigHand has announced a key partnership with channel partner Servtouch in Singapore. Tony Bleasdale, BigHand Managing Director for APAC commented “In the past year we have met with many providers but none impressed us more than Servtouch with their knowledge and client support ethos.” BigHand and Servtouch are responding to demand across Asia, specifically from legal and professional service firms, for solutions such as digital dictation and speech Recognition, as well as workflow and document production technologies. With this partnership, clients in the region will be able to benefit from BigHand’s technology with greater local support.