Time for a catch-up with the latest legal IT channel news starting with…
• Tikit – the entire Tikit Partner for Windows support teams are now ISO9001:2008 certified after Aldershot joined Fareham in holding the accreditation. Bureau Veritas, independent auditors, carried out a series of rigorous audits before awarding the certification. The 16-strong support team, who deal with over 1,750 calls per month from the extensive Tikit Partner for Windows and Firmware client base.
The ISO9001:2008 certification indicates that Tikit excels in these quality management areas: Market leading Customer focus + Leadership + Involvement of people + Process approach + Systems approach to management + Continual improvement + Fact based decision-making. Simon Hill, Tikit COO, said “We’re extremely proud of our support teams at Tikit. They consistently achieve outstanding satisfaction survey ratings, averaging 94% over the last 12 months. ISO9001:2008 certification is an extremely important aspect for Tikit that demonstrates how seriously we take the delivery of excellent customer service.”
• BigHand reports that its user roadshow campaign is proving very successful. COO Rob Lancashire commented “We have over achieved our target number of attendees at every event which I think reinforces the comments from previous years that firms appreciate you making the effort to come to them. For the first three events (Bristol, Birmingham & Dublin) we expected a total turnout of between 35-to-40 people. The actual turnout for the three events was 60 people, with the Birmingham event having people standing as we over exceeded the seating availability.”
• Eclipse Legal Systems has announced a direct integration with Winscribe. The new integration between Eclipse’s market-leading Proclaim Case and Practice Management solution and Winscribe enables clients of both companies to benefit from a one click dictation recording. Users can elect to dictate documents or memos within Eclipse’s Case and Practice Management solutions, utilising the Winscribe toolset while retaining secure historical view of all activities within Proclaim files.
• Advanced Legal has announced a partnership with Exen Legal Solutions, the providers of the SmartEye dashboard and KPI reporting system that allows law firms to display the most commonly reported management metrics. SmartEye has been fully integrated into Advanced Legal’s ILB, Evolution, Legal Office and Legal Enterprise solutions. One of the first firms to sign up for the new system has been JMW Solicitors LLP.
• Finally, Traen AB, the developers of the Microsoft SharePoint-based document management system Contentworker (see latest Insider newsletter for first report) has announced an integration with the OpenText eDOCS DMS product line. The integration is focussed on the extranet needs of law firms who would like to use eDOCS for their internal DMS while allowing external document sharing and collaboration with clients via a SharePoint platform. The integration eliminates the need for law firms to custom develop their own extranet applications on SharePoint.