Time for a catch-up on all the latest legal IT industry channel news featuring CPA Global, Patrafee AB, Ochresoft Technologies, Lawyer Checker, Wilson Legal Solutions, Thomson Reuters Elite, Workshare, HP iManage, Worldox and Canon.
• CPA Global has aquired leading Nordic IP services provider Patrafee AB, along with related businesses and IP services products, for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition includes: Patrafee’s patent renewals business, including long-term contracts with the Nordic IP law firms who were previously Patrafee’s shareholders + Patrawin, Patrafee’s IP management software product + Patrafee UK, previously a joint-venture between Patrafee and IP Pragmatics, providing IP services in the UK + IP Forecaster, the IP cost forecasting product, exclusively sold by Patrafee.
Patrafee was established in Sweden in 1978 and, upon acquisition, was a partnership of 20 Nordic IP law firms. Patrafee has entered into long-term service agreements with its former shareholders, whereby Patrafee will continue to manage the patent renewal requirements of their clients. The law firms will now also be able to offer their clients the broader suite of IP services and products offered by CPA Global.
Patrawin, Patrafee’s IP management software product, will continue to be an important part of Patrafee’s offering. As part of the transaction, CPA Global has also acquired IP Forecaster, the market-leading online software product that enables clients to forecast patent costs and timings instantly and accurately. This will be integrated into other CPA Global IP management software solutions, where this will enhance the offering for clients. Similar to First To File, the electronic document management system acquired by CPA Global in 2013, the addition of IP Forecaster to the product portfolio demonstrates CPA Global’s ongoing commitment to providing a comprehensive range of software solutions to clients.
• OchreSoft Technologies Ltd in the UK has engaged the services of Lawyer Checker to provide best practice to all Conveyancers using OchreSoft Intelliworks workflow solutions. Users of the Intelliworks software now have access to the comprehensive set of checks that Lawyer Checker carries out, with its Account and Entity check system giving enhanced due diligence to any law firm who employs its use. Built in the wake of vendor conveyancer fraud, where a growing number of cases have had purchase funds lost to sophisticated criminals, the Lawyer Checker database has been created to demonstrate whether or not an account has had a track record of successful use within conveyancing.
• Thomson Reuters Elite has announced a partnership agreement with Wilson Legal Solutions. The two companies have signed a three-year agreement naming Wilson Legal Solutions as Elite’s exclusive services partner in North America for Design Gallery, a document automation solution. “We’ve aided many law firms with the implementation, customization, and use of the Design Gallery solution,” said Bruce Wilson, managing director and CEO of Wilson Legal Solutions. “Now, as Elite’s exclusive partner for Design Gallery, we can formalize this service offering to help clients fully realize the benefits of automated billing and reporting processes.”
• Workshare has announced its integration with HP iManage to provide users with full collaboration features for increased productivity and version control. This is the latest in a series of integrations the company has made into popular Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and DMS to create an end-to-end solution for secure collaboration from any device. Workshare has also announced integration with Worldox, allowing users in the legal field to compare, securely share and collaborate on documents directly from Worldox. Worldox users can now access Workshare’s comparison, secure file transfer and metadata cleaning services, as well as file synchronization on any device. Workshare enhances the collaborative processes, allowing users to highlight changes and prompt reviewers to prioritize different types of activities, create and share updates, all directly from the Worldox DMS.
• Canon has unveiled its new Worldox integrated solutions. The solutions allow users access to their defined and designed Worldox workflows directly from an imageRUNNER ADVANCE device operator panel or through imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop.