Cisco Network Engineer (Voice and Data) IPT, LAN, WAN, Riverbed, CCNP
London, £60k + bens + c £5k on call
Voice & Data Networking Engineer / Communications Analyst.
Main technical competencies:
• LAN & WAN – support, design & implementation for high-end routers and switches
o WAN acceleration – RiverBed products (can cross-train from other products such as BlueCoat or Cisco WAAS)
• IP telephony / VoIP – Cisco CallManager / CCM, UCCX, Unity connection ACD, ARC
• Routing / signalling protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, SIP, TCP/IP
• Firewalls / network security (ASA, CheckPoint) – understanding required to liaise with managed service supplier
• CCNP level desired (lapsed qualifications / equivalent practical experience would be fine)
Mixed role – operational 3rd line support & network comms design and project implementation work, covering VoIP (Cisco CallManager) and data (LAN, WAN, routing & switching, WAN optimisation – Riverbed Steelheads, Cascade, CMC).
Join a small, talented and hard-working team that looks after a corporate communications network for an international professional services firm. This role affords the opportunity to work across data and voice technology in an interesting and varied role covering operational 3rd line support and project work in a supportive and collaborative team.
• Motivated, positive team player with initiative
• Knowledge sharer
• Problem solver / solution provider rather than a moaner
• Professional demeanour, but sociable team member
• Excellent communication skills
• Willing and able to pitch in for out of hours work and (paid) on-call rota
• Flexible to travel when necessary (not extensive, but occasionally at short notice)
For details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org