Citrix Infrastructure Consultant – London, £39k + Benefits & Car Allowance
Citrix Infrastructure Consultant – North West London £39,000 + £6,000 Car Allowance + Benefits
Our client is a global provider of technical services to the professional services sector that includes Legal & Accountancy firms. Due to continued growth the organisation is now looking to recruit an Citrix Infrastructure Consultant to work from office based in North West London as well as travelling to a number of client sites that are within the London area and some travel outside of London.
The role requires someone with a broad scope of technical (Infrastructure) skills and significant experience of working on client-site Infrastructure projects. The individual may be required to follow a documented process but equally must be able to demonstrate flexibility and initiative working towards project objectives. There may be a requirement to gather significant amounts of information to enable the procurement of relevant hardware, software and other technical resources required to schedule system or service upgrades. Dependent on the project, the hands-on technical aspect of the role will vary, however the individual will also be required to work with a wider resource pool to support the upgrade work and a significant amount of “Technical Management” of the process will be needed.
The successful candidate will join a well-established team of 6 technical and project management resources currently engaged in a number of projects within the legal and financial services sector.
Knowledge and Experience required:
* Microsoft Server 2000-2012 including build, configuration and administration of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, file and print server roles.
* Microsoft Exchange 2000-2013 including build, configuration, migration, database availability groups and client access server arrays.
* Microsoft SQL 2000-2012 including build, configuration, migration and maintenance schedules. SQL mirroring and clustering.
* Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 R2-2012 R2 including build and configuration.
* VMware vSphere 3.5-5.5 including host builds and configuration, vCenter build and configuration, Update Manager and upgrading to newer version of vSphere.
* Conversion of physical servers to virtual machines. VMware clusters, HA, DRS and troubleshooting via SSH.
* Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop including build and configuration. Citrix Storefront, Web Interface and Secure Gateway.
* Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6-7 including image creation, deployment and administration.
* HP and Dell server hardware.
* HP P2000 and P4000 SAN storage configuration and administration, particularly in a VMware and Hyper-V environment. Using fibre, SAS and iSCSI connections.
* Cisco or HP networking technologies including layer 2 and 3, VLANs, routing and ACL’s,
Cisco, Juniper and Checkpoint firewall configuration and administration.
* VPN technologies.
Any additional skills in these areas would be highly beneficial:
* Load balancing technologies for technologies for Microsoft Exchange using hardware and software load balancers. Barracuda, Kemp, Netscaler & Microsoft NLB
* Citrix Netscaler for use with XenApp and XenDesktop including multi-site configurations using GSLB.
* VMware Site Recovery Manager and DR testing and failover.
* Dell, NetApp and EMC SAN storage.
* Riverbed WAN acceleration appliances.
* At least 5 years’ experience in a client facing role with a proven ability to work with client staff, management and senior management in order to drive and influence the outcome of planning and implementation phases of projects.
* A proven ability to assess, maintain and execute multiple priorities simultaneously in order to achieve the required deliverables in the required timescales.
* A proven ability to manage and influence the outcome for multiple channels of communication with client staff, colleagues and 3rd party suppliers.
* Recognition of the need for timely and accurate record keeping even when faced with challenging timescales and multiple deliverables.
This position is based out of offices in North West London and a large part of the role will be working at client sites in London and outside of London and therefore you must be prepared to travel.
This opportunity offer a salary of up to £39,000 plus a car allowance of £6,000 plus benefits. To apply conta Mark Lennard at Lewis Paige on 0207 871 9909 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org