1st Line Support Analyst – Tikit plc
The main responsibilities will be to provide first rate 1st and 2nd line Desktop and PC Software support to Tikit’s managed services clients.
The analyst will demonstrate ownership of calls and become proactive in resolving all issues reported to the IT Support team within the agreed SLA’s and timescales and own such issues through to successful resolution, escalating where appropriate to the relevant 2nd / 3rd line support teams/management.
As well as the analytical mind set and technical experience required to work with technical contacts, you will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills for those less technically inclined.
Knowledge and experience
• A good standard of education with excellent skills in English and Mathematics.
• Experience of working in a law firm as part of an IT Support Team (minimum of 2 years)
• Essential working knowledge of: Ms Office 2003 & 2010; Windows XP and 7; Exchange 2003; Filesite; Digital Dictation; InterAction; Workshare; Laserforms; Citrix; Blackberry and mobile devices.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• High-level customer service and organisational skills
• Professional manner with the ability to work under pressure, coping with periods of high pressure from users and the ability to prioritise effectively
• Good understanding of SLA’s, KPI’s and general call management
• Dedicated and flexible (able to work overtime at short notice)
• Accept and log all calls coming into the IT Support Desk using the specified call logging methods/database.
• Monitor Service desk mail inbox constantly and log calls as they arrive.
• Implement and maintain site procedures where necessary.
• Support and assist 2nd / 3rd line analyst and Operations Manager where necessary
• Ensure all calls received are logged in the correct manner and location in accordance with site KPI’s/guidelines, providing 1st rate customer service and support.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Advise management where change is necessary.
• Effectively escalate any outstanding issues which are due to fall outside SLA’s according to call procedures.
• Be aware of and set expectations of likely response and resolution times according to agreed SLA
• Generation and regular management of 1st/ 2nd line change requests, work requests and support calls, taking responsibility for the resolution, escalation and closure according to site KPI’s, SLA’s and guidelines
• Assist with projects improvement programmes to a high standard
• Ensure all relevant administration is completed on time and to a high standard
• Working hours are a variable 24 hours shift pattern of 7.5 hours per day to cover Monday to Friday 07:30 to 07.45 the following day
• Weekend working: the helpdesk analyst will be required to cover a 24 hour on-call rota shift
• Flexibility is required for some out of hours work from time to time.