DevOps Manager – Clarke Willmott
This is a new role and will involve working alongside the Application Integrators and the IT Service Delivery teams. The DevOps team is responsible for the integration, development and delivery of the Firm’s applications and IT services to ensure they integrate and operate in the most efficient fashion.
This is a varied role that will see you focusing on the following areas:
• Application integration – you will be responsible for the team who integrate, configure, customise, or develop business systems and applications. The applications are a mix of commercially available off the shelf products (COTS) and in-house written, so you will provide technical validation and subject matter expertise to the team to develop and integrate applications which deliver intuitive business solutions for the Firm.
• Operational delivery – you will design IT solutions in a way that meets the architectural design principals of resilience, supportability and scalability. You will be working closely with suppliers and internal IT teams to ensure that operational service delivery meets or exceeds agreed service levels, and will manage change in a structured manner that maximises system availability and minimises business impact.
• Project delivery – you will be closely involved all business activity which results in changes to the IT application estate. This will include helping to define the application and IT strategy, leading business requirement gathering, acting as technical lead on major projects or managing the overall delivery of routine upgrades and changes.
• IT service delivery – ensure that all services introduced to IT infrastructure have undergone appropriate levels of testing and are properly transitioned into live operation. Maximise the investment in the existing application suite exploiting functionality and integration opportunities and actively seek ways to reduce overall size and complexity of the IT estate.
• Service development – capture technical and operational opportunities encountered during the course of operational service delivery, and translate these into factors for consideration at a strategic level.
If you have a background in IT application support, with strong and demonstrable skills in Microsoft C# .Net, ideally in the legal sector we would very much like to hear from you.
You will be responsible for managing and prioritising your own workload as well as that of the team, and will need to ensure you have the right skills and resources available to meet the demands of a challenging portfolio of business and IT change.
Strength in multiple IT disciplines and impeccable inter-personal skills are essential to support the delivery of a cohesive set of IT services. This is a technical hands-on role where you will coach and mentor the team to help build skills and capability, so a broad range of (current) technical IT skills and application knowledge is essential for this role, including (but not limited to) the following:
C#.Net, SQL Server, SSRS, Metastorm, VisualFiles, Elite Enterprise, iManage, IDOL, Metastorm, BigHand, Sharepoint, Timebuilder. The applications run on a Windows/Citrix platform, so a good understanding of supporting infrastructure technologies (Active Directory, SCCM, physical and virtual server management, storage and backup, LAN, WAN , telephony etc) is essential.
You’ll be a strong communicator with a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude who can explain complex technical subject matter in a way that can be understood by non-technical colleagues within the Firm, and are structured and methodical in approach to design and troubleshooting.
Clarke Willmott LLP is a national law firm with offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton. We provide a wide range of legal services to corporate clients, organisations and individuals. Our modern offices in Bristol city centre are in an attractive riverside location, with secure bicycle parking, shower/changing facilities and an on-site cafeteria.
Having enjoyed significant growth in recent years, we now have over 500 people, including over 90 partners and we are continuing to grow.
As a firm we are known for providing a supportive and positive place to work, with an open and collaborative culture. In our most recent (late 2014) staff survey, over 86% of respondents said they would recommend us to family and friends as a place to work and 98% agreed that they had strong working relationships with their colleagues. The UK Law Firm of the Year 2016 survey by RollonFriday.com placed us fourth nationally as a place to work (moving up from fifth place in 2015), coming second overall for management and top for work/life balance. We have recently been scored as one of the 9 top performing firms in the Legal Week’s Best Employers’ Survey 2016.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number: 167-BBL