Ediscovery: Epiq publishes epic survey results on UK/European edisclosure trends
Epiq Systems Inc has released the results of a survey – Corporate Litigation & eDisclosure – Current Trends & Future Challanges – looking at key litigation and edisclosure trends. Major law firms and corporates in France, Germany, Switzerland and the UK were asked to give their view on likely litigation and edisclosure trends over the next two years.
Headline findings include:
• the majority of law firms surveyed (81%) expect the cost of edisclosure activity to increase, a view shared by 44% of corporates
• It is also anticipated that technology will play a greater role in edisclosure, with 92% of law firms and 75% of corporates saying that they expect an increase in the use of technology assisted review
• The explosion in the sheer volume of data that must be managed is a key challenge with respect to litigation for both corporates (81%) and legal firms (85%)
• For law firms, the major challenge associated with electronically stored information (ESI) is the growing number of devices on which information may be stored – cited by 90% of respondents
• Corporate respondents also see this as the major challenge relating to ESI (52%), along with knowing what device information is stored on (52%)
• Difficulties in finding the required data (60%) and a need to reduce overall spend (58%) are key triggers for corporate businesses to seek third-party edisclosure advice
You can download the full report HERE
Anything to add? Leave a comment →
You must be Logged in to post a comment.