Elite Application Support/DBA – City Law Firm
Our client is an international law firm with over 2500 staff in offices across the globe. The firm has gone through a period of rapid expansion and is now looking to hire an Application Support Analyst/DBA with a background in supporting Elite Enterprise and other SQL applications.
Working from the firms offices in the City, the role will involve the following:
• Provide day-to-day support for the firm’s PMS system and integrated applications, including server maintenance and configuration. Troubleshooting and performance monitoring.
• Provide day-to-day support for the firm’s SQL systems and applications, including monitoring database functionality to ensure a stable environment as well as diagnosing and resolving database access and performance issues
• Gather requirements and translate them business requirements.
• Assist with the overall design and strategy for the application and infrastructure architecture of the global business and administration systems and any changes to them
• Adhere to standards and guidelines based on industry best practises towards management of information within an enterprise environment encompassing data integrity and security protocols
• Ensure all proposed changes to the live application or infrastructure environments are suitably tested with roll-back capability and change controls exercised accordingly
• Provide estimates and target dates for projects/tasks assigned; is committed to target dates.
• Provide 3rd line applications support and database administration support, as appropriate
• Troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues.
• Work with the Data Centres teams, to ensure databases and critical data (on enterprise application systems) are properly backed up and protected in accordance with the needs of the application’s primary stakeholder and the firm’s disaster recovery and data retention policies
The ideal candidate will have a background supporting Elite Enterprise (v3.8+) as well as excellent experience with SQL Server (2005/2008) as well as knowledge of TSQL. Additional experience of supporting and integrating law firm apps such as Worksite, IA, Carpe Diem will be beneficial. In addition, you will need excellent inter-personal skills and strong problem solving abilities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a top 20 international firm who offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. For further information or to submit a CV email email@example.com