Influence the future Enterprise Architecture vision and play a key role in driving IT innovation for the firm
The Senior Solution Architect will be responsible for leading the delivery of the long term Enterprise Architecture plans in line with the stated IT strategy and overall business strategy. This will include providing clear and consistent leadership for all of the work delivered by the Solution Architecture team as part of these plans.
They will be responsible for ensuring all projects meet the ongoing demands of the business in terms of functionality whilst at the same time ensuring that they adhere to published IT standards and best practice. The Lead Solutions Architect will be relied upon for expert technical skills and business expertise to internal stakeholders and other team members.
The Senior Solution Architect will have a strong influence and input in to the future Enterprise Architecture vision and plans and help drive IT innovation for the firm.
• Lead the design of solutions for large projects and programmes, through expert architectural skills translate high level business requirements into technology architectures.
• Build and obtain business support for Architecture roadmaps that includes the articulation of the firm’s core business capabilities whilst identifying areas of strength and weakness within this capability model to help drive strategic planning.
• Ensure that there are clear plans and roadmaps that deliver the required capabilities and that this is aligned with both project and operational activities.
• Define the portfolio of activities required to deliver the next ‘wave’ of the IT strategy, build the necessary business cases and ensure that ownership for each activity is in place.
• To provide mentoring and expert guidance to other team members.
• Manage senior business stakeholders to secure strong engagement for the solution and ensure that the delivery of the project aligns to longer term strategic roadmaps. The role holder will lead on developing a common understanding between technology and the business by creating views of business strategy, capabilities, process, knowledge.
• To anticipate internal and external business challenges and to be proactive with recommending new technical requirements or improvements to existing projects.
• To keep up to date with future product vision and translate desired capabilities/modifications to the technology stack.
• Lead collaborative working with other members of the enterprise architecture team to ensure that all solutions are complete and meet the business needs with the agreed quality of service.
• To be accountable throughout the entire project lifecycle for the end to end solution design. To Establish high, mid and micro level plans, set technical direction, anticipate issues/risks and translate client business requirements into system designs.
• To Provide clear, continuous and consistent solution architecture leadership throughout all projects and workflows delivered by the Solution Architecture team .
• To deliver the overall solutions through the off-shore development capability and to validate and sign-off all design decisions made by IT development and other delivery teams.
• Commission, and where appropriate lead, third party providers to design solutions in line with the overall Enterprise Architectural blueprint and that are compliant with CC Solution Design standards and policies.
• Evaluate vendor/partnership capabilities vs in house capabilities for new innovations.
• Deliver documented capability maps, gap analysis, business processes, technical architecture.
• Act as a key liaison between product and technology and rationalizes the portfolio of products against the technology stack/architecture and capabilities.
• Assess and select package IT solutions in partnership with the business and IT giving due consideration to the overall Enterprise Architecture blueprint and overarching IT Strategy.
• Establish high, mid and micro level plans, set technical direction, anticipate issues/risks and translate client business requirements into system designs.
• Understand future product vision and translate desired capabilities/modifications to the technology stack and help technology stay ahead of the curve.
• Investigate and provide recommendations on future application innovations and its corresponding technology feasibility.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates will need to be a proven Solution Architect with an extensive knowledge of Enterprise Architecture.
• Demonstrate knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks and how to implement them in a practical manner.
• Good management/leadership skills showing ability to work on their own initiative and take appropriate courses of action/decision making.
• Demonstrate proven experience of translating high level business requirements in to technology architectures.
• Demonstrate detailed examples of managing the end to end solution throughout the project lifecycle. Demonstrable strong track record of working in an solution architecture capacity.
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of Application Management and the ability to manage a complex portfolio of applications across a varied landscape.
• Extensive senior business stakeholder engagement.
• Demonstrable track record of working in a professional services environment or a banking/financial markets environment.
• Strong problem solving skills showing ability to work from basic principles.
• Good team mentoring skills showing ability to work on their own initiative and take appropriate courses of action/decision making.
• Proven ability to keep up to date with technical developments and to adapt expertise accordingly.
• Experience of working closely with offshore/distributed teams especially those based in India.
• It would be beneficial for Technical Skills to include experience of the as much as the following as possible :
– Large complex Solutions/Applications used on a global scale
– Document Management and Document Production solutions esp. Microsoft technologies
– HR systems (currently PeopleSoft, experience of moving to cloud solutions useful)
– Finance Systems (currently Oracle Financials)
– Migrating to cloud based solutions generally
– Knowledge and Information systems
– Big Data
Additional Website Text
It is the Firm’s policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.
Click here to apply: http://www.professionalsinlaw.com/job/7541/enterprise-mobility-architect-contractor/