Finalists Revealed for the Inaugural 2018 Changing Lawyer Awards
Litera Microsystems today (13 August) announced 20 legal professionals and organizations as finalists for the inaugural 2018 Changing Lawyer Awards, for which Legal IT Insider editor Caroline Hill is honoured to be among the distinguished judges. The awards are an opportunity for individuals, firms, and companies in the legal industry to be recognised for their willingness to embrace and drive change – through new technology, service models, or behaviour.
Out of the hundreds of nominations for the inaugural Changing Lawyer Awards, the judges narrowed the field to the following individuals, firms, and organizations in each category. Congratulations to the 2018 finalists:
Outstanding Lawyer of the Year will be presented to a lawyer who has taken initiative, identified market trends, and boldly figured out how to use groundbreaking processes to get ahead of them.
– Erin Levine with Levine Family Law Group
– Mark Young and Tilly Gray with Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
– Natalie Munroe with Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
– Shiau Yen Chin-Dennis and Brendan Gutierrez McDonnell with K&L Gates LLP
– Stuart Whittle with Weightmans LLP
Outstanding Law Firm of the Year will be presented to the firm that has implemented core process changes, creative billing arrangements, or other innovations to transform the way they provide legal services.
– Clifford Chance
– Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
– Reed Smith LLP
– Thompson Hine LLP
– Weightmans LLP
Outstanding CIO of the Year will be presented to the CIO who has championed new programs or tools, driving increased efficiency through innovative processes, or creating entirely new ways of working.
– Andy Jurczyk with Seyfarth Shaw LLP
– Joan Holman with Clark Hill PLC
– Joseph J. Palmeri with Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
– Judith Flournoy with Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
– Kim Wismer with Ballard Spahr LLP
Disruptor of the Year will be presented to an alternative legal service provider or legal tech startup that has managed to disrupt the broader legal profession through new processes, technology, or service delivery.
The winners of The Changing Lawyer Awards will be announced during ILTACON 2018, at the Litera Microsystems executive breakfast briefing on Tuesday, August 21. For more information about the awards and to meet the judges, please visit www.thechanginglawyer.com