Reporting to the Operations Manager (Collaboration, Telecoms & Conferencing), the Collaboration Service owner is primarily responsible for the day-to-day support and technical leadership of both operations & engineering as well as longer-term service improvement of a defined sub-set of existing collaboration Services used within Clifford Chance, globally.
Based in London, with 5 direct reports that forms the 3rd/4th line team in London and a virtual team in Continental Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas. This role is responsible for the availability and performance of the sub-set of applications, within agreed parameters, and for the quality of support offered across all support lines. A number of these support functions; including a 3rd line is provided by a captive, off-shore service centre located in Bangalore, India and external vendors.
Ensuring that a deep technical understanding of each service component and application, its architecture and configuration is maintained (across the Vendor and other internal teams).
1. Technical subject matter expert for their service line(s)
2. Expert at leading and resolving incidents and problems
3. Will ‘point’ any service related issue ensuring all necessary resources are engaged for resolution
4. Ensures that all P1 incidents are routinely investigated for root cause
5. Delivers activities within the timescales agreed with the Operations Manager (Collaboration, Telecoms & Conferencing)
6. Improve the service line to increase efficiency and reduce costs
7. Ensure the team provide global guidance on how to support and use the service line (knowledge creation & training)
8. Ensure planned changes are logged, well planned, fit for purpose, and successful. Manage any failures
9. Manages the technical escalation with vendors
10. Prepare suggestions for future plans to the Service Operations Group
11. Works with the SDM to ensure the team work within common, agreed processes
12. Providing supportive advice and guidance to the off-shore team in order to constantly raise their service and support capabilities.
13. Facilitate career and personal development for team members, through mentoring, encouragement and the provision of training opportunities.
Working across all necessary teams; Infrastructure, Service Management, Client Services, Regional Service Owners, and Architecture teams, as well as external suppliers, to improve the overall service quality and reduce the overall operational cost.
The global service owner (GSO) for a federated/virtual collaboration team across all regions and ensuring the team provides the technical planning for service components and applications. Specifically responsible for creating, agreeing and maintaining the engineering and operational components of the “Service Roadmap”
Supplying relevant information to the Operations Manager (Collaboration, Telecoms & Conferencing) in order to manage the budget for all elements of the relevant service component.
Skills and Qualifications
Ideal candidate will have excellent technical, organisational, communication, documentation and management skills with a good eye for detail. Candidate will have experience of successfully resolving complex problems and been involved in providing technical leadership to 3rd/4th level system administration and engineering for Collaboration Services globally.
You will have strong, proven experience in Messaging & Collaboration technologies, ideally understanding of ITIL framework and PRINCE2 methodologies and with proven hands on experience in managing a technical operations and engineering team of 5+
You will have experience of providing and leading support services in a pressurised environment, ideally within Professional Services or an organisation of 5,000+ users
Technical knowledge and practise – measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity around the fundamentals of planning, prioritising and optimisation. The following elements are considered as essential knowledge and one must be able to explain/demonstrate the managing and support of the following;
Collaboration applications and services predominately using Microsoft Exchange, associated services and interoperability
Managing, routing and delivering e-mail globally in environments of 5,000-10,000 seats or more.
MS Exchange/Windows Server Clustering
Storage technologies such as SAN, NAS etc (preferably HP EVA, NetApp SANs, EMC Clarion, HDS etc)
Messaging Hygiene systems (IronPort, Hosted Hygiene services such as Mimecast, Proofpoint, Postini etc)
Secure email, signing and encryption
Archiving systems such as Symantec Enterprise Vault
Fax services such as Efax, Rightfax, Faxination, etc.
Mobility/BYO solutions such as Blackberry Enterprise Server, MobileIron, Android, iOS or Microsoft Windows Mobile
Active Directory Administration and Federation Services
Monitoring & reporting systems (Systems Centre, Quest MessageStats, Boxtone, Topper etc.)
Cloud based messaging solutions like MimeCast, Office365 etc.
Good awareness of Networking topologies, routing and DNS