It may be the summer holiday season here in the UK (and the rest of Europe) but we are still getting notifications of more legal IT events, here is the latest round-up…
• Learn everything you need to know about PDF/A in plain, simple English with DocsCorp
PDF is dead, long live PDF/A. Well, perhaps not dead, however a number of European Government and regulatory bodies now mandate, recommend, or accept PDF/A for the long-term archival of documents. Attend this webinar to learn more. The webinar will address these frequently asked questions:
1. What is PDF/A, and how is it different from a non-PDF/A document?
2. How do I know if a document is PDF/A compliant?
3. How do I create a PDF/A document?
4. Is there a way to make documents PDF/A ready, without actually converting them to PDF/A?
5. Should I implement these changes to existing PDF workflows?
6. Should I be converting every document to PDF/A now?
The webinar takes place on Thursday 11th August ( 12:00PM – 1:00PM GMT). To attend, login to https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/351383873
• Workshare to Award All-Expense Paid Trip to Microsoft SharePoint Conference with Win with a Tweet Contest
Workshare will give away an all-expenses-paid trip to the upcoming Microsoft SharePoint Conference in Anaheim, California to one winner in its Win with a Tweet contest. The prize includes airfare, lodging, and an all-access pass to the conference (up to a maximum of $3,000).
To enter the contest, a contestant must follow @Workshare on Twitter and tweet this exact phrase: I’m entering to win a trip to the MS#SharePoint Conference 2011 from @Workshare – Enter here: http://bit.ly/kCaYOz
Contestants may enter up to three entry tweets every day until the contest ends. The winner will be selected from among all the tweets posted between now and August 26 and announced on the Workshare blog on 31st August. The Microsoft SharePoint Conference takes place 3rd-6th October in Anaheim, California.
• Updated details… The 4th Annual Janders Dean Law Firm Knowledge & Innovation Conference takes place in Australia on 22nd September. This year’s full day event will be held at
the L’Aqua Restaurant & Gold Rooms, Darling Harbour, Sydney. The speaker panel includes Tom Baldwin (Global
Chief Knowledge Officer, Reed Smith LLP), Chris Freeland (National
Managing Partner, Baker & McKenzie) and Sarah Lankowski (Knowledge
& Learning Manager, Allen & Overy). See attached PDF for the revised schedule – we have also included details (see attached nominations email) of the awards the accompany the conference. for more details contact Janders Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Has your business got a risk management strategy?
Norwel Computer Systems is holding a series of (morning) seminars around the UK this autumn showing how risk management and compliance issues can be handled quickly and efficiently using modern practice and matter management systems. To book a place of for more details email email@example.com The seminar schedule is…
MANCHESTER 21st September: Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel, Water Street, M3 4TQ
LONDON 28th September: Law Society, Chancery Lane, WC2A 1PL
LEICESTER 19th October: Marriott Hotel, Enderby, LE19 1SW
CARDIFF 20th October: Marriott Hotel, Mill Lane, CF10 1EZ