Have we got more legal IT events for you
Time for another round-up of events…
• 14 July – New York City… The Sword Group is holding a Microsoft Sharepoint legal DMS knowledge sharing workshop (runs 11:30am to 1:00pm) with presentations by Anthony DeCerce of TDC Consulting, eSentio Technologies and Sword DMS adopter Fenwick & West. For full details see attached PDF.
• 15 September – London… RIM (the Blackberry people) are just finalising details for their inaugural Blackberry Legal User Forum, which will be chaired by Andrew Powell of Nabarro. The event will start with lunch as 12:30pm and conclude with networking drinks around 4:00pm. According to RIM senior marketing manager Dan Sloshberg, the aim of the forum is “to help firms that use BlackBerry solutions to understand more about the latest BlackBerry services, roadmap, best practices etc… that they weren’t always getting from their mobile carrier.” The event will include sessions on the PlayBook as well as the Blackberry roadmap. Registration is open at www.blackberry.co.uk/legaluserforum
• from 26 September – UK-wide… Pilgrim Systems plan to run regional events three times at different locations throughout the UK in September. The date and locations for these events are as follows:-
· 26th September 2011 in London – Pemberton Greenish LLP, 45 Cadogan Gardens London SW3 2AQ. Location map http://www.pglaw.co.uk/contact/map.html
· 27th September 2011 in Birmingham – Gateley, One Eleven Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2HJ. Location map http://www.gateleyuk.com/contact/offices/birmingham/
· 28th September 2011 in Edinburgh – Location TBC.
We would ask that you book as early as possible. To book please contact Katy Aird at email@example.com or 0131 555 9700 indicating your chosen date and location.
• 4 October – Stockholm… VQ Knowledge and Strategy Forum takes place in Stockholm on 4 October 2011 with Professor Richard Susskind as the key note speaker. The keynote is followed by a discussion forum with Christer Danielsson (chair of the conference) and partner with Stockholm niche firm Danielsson & Englund, Anne Ramberg, Secretary General of the Swedish Bar Association since 2000, Joakim Edoff, Executive Partner at Setterwalls, Björn Kristiansson, Partner at Hannes Snellman with special responsibility for the firm's KM activities and Rob Ameerun, the founder of Legal IT Professionals. The event is being run by Virtual Intelligence VQ, which was launched in 2010 by Helena Hallgarn and Ann Björk, former KM executives of Scandinavian law firm Vinge.
For details visit www.vqab.se/our-offering/knowledge-and-strategy-forum-2010.aspx