Legal IT Jobsboard… Head of IT/IT Director – Edinburgh Law Firm
Role Head of IT/IT Director – Full-Time
Reporting To IT Partner
Location Edinburgh, occasional visits to the London office
This law firm employs around 40 people and is looking for their first full-time IT Director to take responsibility for their whole IT system.
You would be responsible for planning and implementing the firm’s IT including all activities and operations, control of the IT budget, and facilities.
The candidate would need to:
• To write, develop and implement IT Strategy in line with the firm’s business plan
• Brief the partners monthly on plans, progress and current issues
• Ensure financial targets are met by producing an annual business plan; monitoring and setting an operating budget.
• Manage the firm’s third party IT suppliers and build strong relationships with them.
• Ensure the efficient and effective operation of all IT systems, including business continuity/ disaster recovery plans.
• Develop and implement a training program for all users
• Attend, and participate in staff meetings and related activities. On occasion chair such meetings if required.
• Ensure strategic overview of IT issues by keeping up to date with latest news and trends
• Ensure that attainment of the Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation
• Provide IT support in-house and maintain IT infrastructure
The ideal candidate would have:
• Excellent Communication Skills with ability to negotiate with and manage third parties.
• Experience of the operation and management of professional service organisations; preferably law firms.
• Knowledge of DMS, PMS and CRM systems, as well as ancillary technology for time recording and mobile device management.
• Law firm experience.
• Proven experience at a Senior IT Manager role.
• Track record of successfully driving forward IT strategy
• A broad knowledge of systems, applications and operating systems.
• Vendor relationship management experience (particularly outsourced arrangements).
• IT budget experience of over £250k
• Good time management
• Strong persuasive communicator
• Highly developed people skills
• Focus for detail
• Strong project management ability
• Demonstrable business acumen
• Strong team player
• Good delegator
• Ability to help out at a more junior level where necessary
Contact Neil Cameron at NCCG in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org