Intelliteach gears up for ILTA and launches new 'guru' guide
Intelliteach, the only law firm-specific outsourced service desk company, today announced its ILTA 2011 Conference program and outreach. The company, which has been an ILTA vendor partner for over a decade, will be releasing the 2nd edition of its popular Guru Guide Legal Helpdesk Metrics report; is sponsoring Monday’s annual Fun Run (an oxymoron surely …Ed) as well as ILTA’s new mobile application; and has CEO Lance Waagner presenting an ILTA session on service desk management.
• Guru Guide: Intelliteach, as part of an ongoing effort to provide clients with timely reporting and accelerate helpdesk service improvements through better user support information, consistently collects and tracks a massive amount of service desk-related statistics. The data presented in the Guru Guide, 2nd edition, is based on 1.2 million service desk tickets collected and analyzed from January 2010 through June 2011 across a variety of law firm sizes, locations and hardware/software configurations.
2nd edition Guru Guide findings include:
· Top ticket categories: Over 42% of 1.2 million service desk tickets logged are specific to various versions of Microsoft Office, 20% of those are specific to Microsoft Outlook.
· Increase in Microsoft Office 2007 tickets: Microsoft Office 2007 calls currently account for 51% of all Microsoft Office calls, compared to 22% for the same period 12 months earlier;
· Conversion & upgrade impact on the service/helpdesk: Ticket volumes increased by 42% during firm-wide upgrades and took an average of 90 days to return to pre-conversion levels;
· Tickets by origin: How are users reaching out to the service desk? 70% used the phone and 27% sent an email describing their technology issues however it seems email is far less efficient for both the user and the service desk: 86% of live (phoned-in) service desk tickets are resolved in that first contact whereas only 7% of email tickets can be resolved in one single contact.
• ILTA mobile app: Get your 2011 Conference info on the go: The ILTA Mobile App will provide access to the conference agenda, speaker details, session evaluations, attendee list, interactive vendor exhibit hall, new vendor product announcements, latest ILTA News, twitter integration and more. The ILTA Mobile App will be available for the Apple iPhone, Android and Blackberry smartphones. For the mobile web, the website address is http://m.iltanet.org
• Speaking: On August 23rd, 11:30AM, Lance Waagner and Jeffrey Ward with Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. will be presenting an ILTA session within the applications/desktop area of discipline. The topic Helpdesk Software: Service Desk Management or Glorified Database? will cover how firms are using their helpdesk support tools to maximize their ROI and enhance productivity.