IT Business Analyst/IT BA – to £65k + benefits
IT Business Analyst/IT BA
circa £55-65k + benefits
An esteemed law firm in the city require a Business Analyst to join them on a permanent basis. Experience with a wide range of IT projects is preferred, from inception through to completion. The ideal candidate would have experience working within a law firm.
• To map, analyse and evaluate the current business processes and working practices across the Firm and the systems that support them; to make recommendations for change/improvement where necessary.
• To define the business case and the end-user requirements for all new systems/projects.
• To work closely with other members of the Business Change team (including the Chief Strategy Officer) to help ensure that new systems projects are implemented in such a way that they deliver the expected benefits for the Firm.
• Understand the firm’s needs in relation to the performance of the business and the provision of competitive commercial solutions.
• Get close to the business and the end-users so as to understand the challenges they face and the solutions that would benefit them.
• Identify and accurately document firm-wide, departmental and user requirements.
• Translate user requirements into functional specifications.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders in the firm.
• Work with users, developers and other technical resources to refine requirements developed to provide solutions.
• Communicate the agreed requirements to relevant business and support areas to ensure they are fully understood and met.
• Assist other team members with analysis and project related tasks as required.
• Involvement in the piloting and testing of new systems in order to identify further potential improvements and ensure user acceptance.
• Prepare and implement handover plans.
Skills & Experience Required
• Experience of performing business analysis duties on a range of IT projects (full project life cycle)
• Experience and technical qualification/accreditation in Business Analysis
• Experience of and exposure to change and project management methodologies
• Experience in a legal or professional services practice would be a significant advantage (especially as a lawyer)
• Excellent IT skills and the experience of working within a large IT team would be a significant advantage
• Excellent written skills with the ability to produce high quality documentation
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
• Good presentation skills
• Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/key stakeholders
• Degree qualification in Computing, IT or Information Science preferred or equivalent professional experience.