IT Development & Training Manager – Law firm
At this exciting time of change, our client is currently looking to recruit a Development & Training Manager to work with the Head of IT to deliver development & training improvements. You will be an experienced, highly motivated Training & Development professional with strong commercial and project management skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels alongside a strong understanding of case management systems.
Reporting into the Head of IT you will be responsible for the following:-
• Managing the IT training & development teams to deliver a high and consistent standard of project delivery
• Work with the Head of IT to deliver development and training improvements and manage the rollout of new IT services and systems
• Assist the Head of IT in the selection and on-going management of suppliers.
• Day to day management of the team’s workload and priorities – driving the team to meet agreed project deadlines
• Reporting the team’s performance against agreed service standards
• Managing business user’s expectations and resolving support issues as they arise.
• Defining and ensuring coherence with processes and procedures required to deliver system enhancements in a controlled, auditable manner.
• Mentoring team members to assist them in achieving their full potential
• Perform the performance reviews and day to day personal management for all team members.
• Ensure that all users are provided with appropriate training for all applications and services (including printing & telephony) provided by IT as part of the induction process and as part of on-going training program.
• Proactively improve the use of IT systems throughout the firm by identifying and resolving training needs.
• Ensure that training materials and user guides are created and maintained.
• Assist in the customisation of applications and services based on the feedback from users and proactive analysis of user requirements.
• Develop relationships with key people in the firm and leverage those relationships to improve the use of the system and the perception of case management within the firm.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Liaise with HR to ensure the smooth running of the induction process to ensure new starters have the best possible impression
3rd Party Trainers
• For cases where the requirements cannot be delivered internally identify a 3rd party who can deliver the requirements and manage the booking & feedback process.
• Deliver “Class Room” training for standard systems and areas where many people have – similar training needs
• Deliver one to one training to appropriate people.
• Work with the I.T. trainers to develop training materials and assist with staff training on the system ensuring that the end users are able to utilise its full potential.
• Develop “Self-help” training materials (formal user guides / power points etc)
• Develop “How Do I” quick references for all IT services
• Identify areas where the applications are not supporting the business practices and document how the systems should be changed.
• Identify areas where the business is not making the best possible use of the applications and detail how this can be achieved.
• Manage the day to day delivery of the development process from the identification of needs to system delivery.
• Offer advice and support to all staff and the I.T. team to implement and develop new ideas and modifications to existing systems.
• In addition to ‘day to day’ operations, implement and support various project-based initiatives to support the prime function above.
• Attend key meetings at various offices to discuss how to improve the working environment and the system improvements
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical users.
• Excellent understanding of a service environment with a strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent presentation skills with the ability to train large groups of users at the same time.
• Experienced in developing high quality training materials.
• Excellent relationship building skills.
• A client facing and professional approach to their work.
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Experience in supporting systems used in a professional services environment would be an advantage
Our client is one of the leading law firms based in the East of England, with clients across the UK and Europe. They are a an exciting company who are driven by continuous improvement and change in all that they do and they are now looking to expand their IT teams to ensure this change is implemented effectively and efficiently. The IT teams give the business the ability to move from strength to strength and as such this will provide an exciting and challenging opportunity for the successful candidate. The company is innovative in its approach to the services it offers to clients providing an exciting and evolving arena for you to develop your career.
For more information please contact Vanessa Wood on email@example.com or 01359 258561 & 07821570302