IT Helpdesk Analyst, Bindmans, London £25k + competitive benefits
Start date: end of July 2013 or as soon as possible
Bindmans is a successful London law firm, with a reputation for excellence and being at the cutting edge of legal developments. We are looking to recruit an IT Helpdesk Analyst to work with our IT Team consisting of the IT Manager and IT Trainer. The Helpdesk Analyst will be the first point of contact for all IT related issues.
Overview of the role
The IT Team has an important role within the firm dealing with the day to day needs of colleagues in order that they are able to function in their roles. In order to support the reputation of the IT team it is vital that the Helpdesk Analyst offers a high level of customer service, responding swiftly and effectively in person or over the phone.
You will need strong technical skills as well as a calm, friendly and positive demeanour. The role operates throughout the firm at all levels so requires strong and clear communication skills. Supporting a wide range of users with differing levels of skills, you will need to have an adaptable, flexible and patient approach.
• Provide a responsive, effective IT HelpDesk service to a variety of users, in line with the SLA.
• Understand the needs of the users; take responsibility for the required work and resolve calls effectively.
• Logging calls/incidents to identify any problems or trends and contribute to the solutions or escalate to the IT Manager or third party vendors to resolve the issue.
• Ensure all incidents are managed in accordance with targets set out in the SLA.
The successful candidate will have:
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word 2010
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint 2010
• Good knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 (including Active Directory.)
• Have good skills in key IT applications and hardware
• Be professional, flexible, able to work under pressure and adapt to the changing needs of the firm and its various departments
• Strong communication skills
• Good client care skills and be service orientated
• Be able to work with autonomy as well as part of a team
• Good organisational and administrative skills
• Have a positive and friendly outlook, understanding how your work impacts the firm
• The ability to prioritise and clearly communicate your workload.
Please view the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV together with a covering letter in support by email: email@example.com or by post to: HR Team, Bindmans LLP, 4th Floor, 236 Gray’s Inn Road, London WC1X 8HB. Closing Date for applications: 19 JULY 2013
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS