IT Helpdesk Technician, Fieldfisher, Manchester
IT Helpdesk Technician – Fieldfisher, Manchester
Fieldfisher is an ambitious and growing European law firm providing commercial solutions across a range of industry sectors. The firm has a particular focus on companies that are highly regulated and those with intellectual property and technology driven business models. Its London office has recently moved to state of the art offices on the River Thames overlooking London Bridge.
The team service its own impressive client base that includes investment banks, international banks, commercial banks and big name brands and international businesses. The firm has over 150 partners, 240 other lawyers and nearly 300 support staff across offices in Brussels, Hamburg, Paris, London, Munich, Manchester, Palo Alto and Shanghai. The firm’s revenue for 2013/14 was over £100 million.
The IT department has 32 members of staff (including European Office. Mabel Evans is the IT Director).
The IT Helpdesk
The Helpdesk team consists of a Helpdesk Manager, a Telecoms Administrator and 8 Technicians who are responsible for handling all calls made to the desk; undertaking all desk side support; floor walking; resolving or escalating more technical incidents to 3rd line teams, desktop builds; installation of software and hardware; telephony & audio visual support; Blackberry configuration and user account administration.
The team is responsible for providing 24/7 IT Support to the firm. Between the hours of 08:00 and 19:00 support is provided from the office and between 19:00 to 08:00, a remote support service is operated by the on-call technicians on a rotational basis
• To provide prompt 1st line support to users, by telephone and email to ensure operational problems are resolved as quickly as possible.
• To provide prompt 2nd line support in a timely manner after consultation with the user, and to ensure that all calls are assigned and are dealt with efficiently and effectively, keeping the user informed of progress and logging resolution for future reference.
• To record all incidents and requests into the call logging system promptly.
• To escalate where necessary to the 3rd line team and/or other teams within IT
• To provide an excellent customer service to our user base.
• To answer the Helpdesk telephone in a professional and courteous manner.
• To manage the Helpdesk email and Self Service queues effectively,
• Ensuring that all calls are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
• Regularly review and update incidents, ensuring that customers are kept fully up to date with the status of their call.
• Making effective use of all IT Helpdesk tools including the call logging software, remote control tools and knowledge banks.
• Advising the Helpdesk Manager of any potential customer issues or complaints.
• Alerting the Helpdesk Manager and appropriate teams of any Major Incidents
• Adhering to IT processes and documenting procedures and problem fixes when required.
• Processing new joiners and leavers
• Possible travel to London and our European offices
• Ad hoc support as requested by the Helpdesk Manager
Key Skills & Experience
• Previous experience in a customer service environment, preferably on an IT Helpdesk / IT Service Desk.
• Law firm experience would be an advantageous
• Excellent customer service skills and good communicator at all levels
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating good communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with your peers on bugs and update fixes into the Topdesk Knowledge Base
• Ability to work under pressure
• To be able to manage workloads effectively
• Ability to troubleshoot effectively and escalate calls quickly where needed.
• To be able to work within OLAs and other time constraints.
• To be confident, proactive and professional at all times.
• ITIL Level 3 Foundation
• Able to speak French / German (desirable)
Experience in the following systems would be preferable:
• / Windows 7
• Worksite 8.5 Document Management System EMM
• Lync 2013
• Thompson Elite – Webview
• Microsoft Office / 2010
• TOPdesk 5 Call logging System
• WorkShare Compare 7
• WinScribe Digital Dictation
Please note Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant’s suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
Please click here to apply: http://www.professionalsinlaw.com/job/6836/it-helpdesk-technician/