IT Infrastructure & Applications Specialist – Clarke Willmott
The main purpose of the role is to assist with some of the core IT functions and use that knowledge to support the various business departments by completing IT based activities and projects. This role will be reporting directly to the IT Infrastructure & Applications Support Manager.
We are looking for someone who is able to:
• Take a task or action through to completion and also sort issues, research and evaluate possible solutions to provide a working service.
• Assist the IT management team with change, problem and major incident management activities as required.
• Assist with tracking hardware assets and software licences and registering these as part of the tracking process.
• Participating and advising in the definition of desktop and applications standard, images, processes and policy governance to improve technical services.
• Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency increase.
• Working closely with vendors and 3rd party support providers to promote continuous improvement to ensure our systems remain up to date, optimised and aligned to our IT roadmap. You may at times also need to take a hands-on approach to the role by supporting and maintaining the applications portfolio while working closely with the project management team towards successful delivery of internal projects.
• Creating and maintaining documentation on existing and new products including system diagrams, operational and support procedures and mentor and train operational and support staff as necessary.
• Support the IT Infrastructure & Applications Support Manager with small project administration and other technical based duties as required.
This role is very well suited to a graduate or someone with an existing IT support experience wishing to move their IT career on to the next level.
If you are an individual with solid experience with Windows operating systems and hardware in a computer support related setting, ideally with experience working in a networked environment then we would like to hear from you. You will have a demonstrated ability to master new software applications and technologies.
You’ll have solid experience of supporting Microsoft software stack including all server and desktop operating systems, SQL Server, Exchange and Office (Outlook, Word etc) in a tightly integrated environment. Experience of being able to manage data in Excel is an advantage as well is an understanding of the role of security and resilience in all new projects.
You will need experience in Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, VMware ESXi 5.5 and Hyper-V, Citrix Xenapp 7.6, Cisco IOS networking and practical and theoretical knowledge of networks including DHCP and DNS. The following is desirable but not essential: iManage, Elite, Metastorm, Visual Files, Workshare Professional, Powershell scripting, Blackberry BES 12 for Android and Blackberry and Windows mobile phone technology.
You’ll need to be a strong communicator with a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude as well as possessing excellent organisational skills – you will need to be able to deal with multiple work items at any time within the working day.
You can expect to receive a broad range of exposure and training/mentoring.
Clarke Willmott LLP is a national law firm with offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton. We provide a wide range of legal services to corporate clients, organisations and individuals. Our modern offices in Bristol city centre are in an attractive riverside location, with secure bicycle parking, shower/changing facilities and an on-site cafeteria.
Having enjoyed significant growth in recent years, we now have over 500 people, including over 90 partners and we are continuing to grow.
As a firm we are known for providing a supportive and positive place to work, with an open and collaborative culture. In our most recent (late 2014) staff survey, over 86% of respondents said they would recommend us to family and friends as a place to work and 98% agreed that they had strong working relationships with their colleagues. The UK Law Firm of the Year 2016 survey by RollonFriday.com placed us fourth nationally as a place to work (moving up from fifth place in 2015), coming second overall for management and top for work/life balance. We have recently been scored as one of the 9 top performing firms in the Legal Week’s Best Employers’ Survey 2016.
To apply, please email email@example.com quoting reference: 168-BBL