The main purpose of this role is to work as part of the IT Training team with the goal of improving our people’s IT knowledge and skills, enabling them to make more efficient and effective use of the firm’s IT systems. The IT Training team deliver a comprehensive IT Training induction program for new staff together with various training initiatives for existing staff. The team is also responsible for providing training to support project related initiatives such as business system upgrades and new system implementations. A number of methods are used to delivery training to ALG staff including classroom based, online learning methods, floor walking and 1:1 desk-side assistance as and when required.
Technology has the potential to revolutionise the learning experience. ALG wants to be at the forefront of utilizing emerging technologies and techniques to support the delivery of not only IT system training but also professional development training in the Firm. Some of the emerging training related tools include automated quizzes, self-assessment, chatbots and artificial intelligence based applications.
There is potential to utilize the Firm’s investment in iPhone technology as a new training delivery channel.
• Provision and delivery of class room based IT training courses. This includes weekly IT Induction training for new hires.
• Regular floor walking and 1:1 assistance support for new starters, during project rollouts and on an ad hoc basis.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of written training instructions and online learning materials in the form of e-learning courses, training videos, intranet pages and weekly tips and tricks articles
• Assist IT Helpdesk in resolving ‘How To’ HelpDesk calls.
• Responsibility for keeping training records up to date.
• Production of training reports for review by the IT Director, HR and other interested parties
• Co-ordination of training schedules in conjunction with relevant individuals.
• Responsibility for ensuring that all training facilities are correctly laid out and all equipment is fully functional.
• Research, test and develop new training related tools and technologies which can be used to support IT Training and professional development training.
Background & Experience:
• 2 – 3 years’ experience of IT training delivery, preferably within a professional services environment
• Recognised IT Training qualification.
• Microsoft Office Specialist (Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
• Knowledge and experience working with e-learning software (Captivate, Camtastia etc)
• Technical qualification not essential but advantageous
• Knowledge and interest in emerging training related tools and techniques
Experience training with the following software solutions:
• Office 2010 for document Production (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio)
• iManage (Document Management System)
• DocX Tools
• Aderant Expert PMS system
• Skype for Business
• Sharepoint 2013/2016
• Cyber Threat related e-learning tools e.g. Wombat and Metacompliance
• Confident, professional and well presented
• Excellent organisational and administration skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible so as to cope with an evolving role.
• A team player
• Attention to detail
• Positive, can-do attitude
CV and Cover Letters should be sent to email@example.com