IT Project Manager/ IT PM – Law Firm, Essex – £58k
IT Project Manager/ IT PM – Essex
An IT Project Manager is required for a global professional services firm in Essex. The Project Manager will be part of the team in Essex, which is comprised of project management and business analysis specialists. However, travel to the firm’s other UK offices will be expected from time to time.
The Project Manager has an excellent understanding of project management techniques, methods and tools and will ensure that projects are delivered to time, cost and quality success criteria.
• Ensure successful delivery of business driven technology projects to a consistent time, cost and quality model
• Ensure project financial management, including forecasting, is diligently and accurately executed
• Ensure project organisations are structured appropriately with effective, efficient engagement of business stakeholders
• Ensure projects are led and governed appropriately
• Ensure that project communication plans are clearly defined and executed
• Manage any external vendor engagements that may arise in the project lifecycle
• Contribute to the development and on-going evolution of a project management methodology
Experience/ Technical Expertise Required
• At least 5 years’ experience managing a variety of IT projects within a medium-large corporate environment (ideally professional services).
• Commercially astute with a strong track record in project financial and supplier management
• Experience of working in the legal industry, or professional services environment would be an advantage
• Proven and demonstrable experience of delivering large scale (up to £5 million), complex projects on time and budget
• Excellent practical understanding of project management techniques, methods and tools
• Solid understanding of project management methodologies (i.e. Agile, Prince2 etc.), with demonstrable experience an advantage
• Excellent, detail-orientated, approach to risk and issue management
• Excellent, diligent and accurate financial management skills
• Experience of using Microsoft Project, or an industry-standard equivalent tool, to plan, manage and track projects
• Good understanding of business analysis techniques
• Ability to analyse problems and present solutions to management or the business
• Strong commercial skills, including vendor management, reviewing and validating proposals, making recommendations
• Good educational background to degree standard or equivalent.
• One or more professional and widely recognised qualifications or accreditations which relate to business analysis or project / programme management would be preferable (i.e. Prince2, AMP, ISEB etc.).
• Experience with delivering projects around document automation would be useful.
Permanent; Up to £58k basic salary.