IT Servicedesk Support Engineer – Osborne Clarke, Bristol
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Servicedesk Support Engineer to join our IT team in Bristol. This is a full-time role and is initially available on a 12 month fixed-term contract.
Hours of work are 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) based on a rota system in accordance with the agreed shift pattern, which currently operates between 7.00am and 7.00pm with one hour for lunch.
Reporting into the IT ServiceDesk Supervisor, this role will be responsible for the resolution of computer software and hardware problems, assisting with the maintenance of the systems and processes through providing telephone, email and remote support to users of the IT systems at Osborne Clarke and providing client site support when required.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Providing telephone, email and remote access support to users of IT systems across multiple sites within client SLAs
· Maintaining timely and quality incident closure, aiming for first-time fixes where possible and escalation to next level where required
· Ensuring full and correct information is collected and entered into incident record, and that IT solutions are relevant to the business need and developed to meet end user requirements
· Monitoring incidents to identify frequently arising issues and assist in the delivery of user coaching to resolve these
· Creating and maintaining documentation for implemented resolutions, and ensuring that all asset details are maintained in the asset database
· Keeping up with advances in technology, new software and hardware in order to serve as an advisor to clients and other employees
You will have technical support experience, using workflows and helpdesk business service tools, gained in a Microsoft environment with a high level of problem solving, including Windows 7 Professional, Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Exchange 2010.
In addition to this, the following skills would be desirable but are not essential:
· Avaya Aura Telephony System, Document Management Systems, digital dictation and integrated products such as AVST, Rightfax, Interaction
· Blackberry support including troubleshooting and administration
· Knowledge of printer/scanning technologies and support
· Knowledge of ITIL best practice would be favourable, with certification preferred
· Experience of working within a professional services environment, particularly supporting legal applications
We are looking for somebody who can demonstrate the following:
· Strong customer service ethic and demonstrable customer service skills, committed to delivering an exceptional standard of service
· Strong team player committed to assisting colleagues wherever necessary to maximise the effectiveness of the entire IT department
· Able to work autonomously and to schedule own resource appropriately
· Should be able to demonstrate good problem solving technique using a sound logical approach, and ability to research using all means available
· Focussed on and able to work to or exceed agreed Service Levels
· Willing and able to be flexible in working practices
· Good time keeping and flexibility of hours should the job require it
· Creative thinker skilled at solving problems for users
· Willing to travel to other sites should it be required
If you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. To submit your application, please do so through our website.
Osborne Clarke is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce
Click here to apply: http://www.professionalsinlaw.com/job/6519/it-servicedesk-support-engineer/