The Systems Engineer is a key member of the IT team and will be responsible for the design, engineering, build, test, and upgrade initiatives for the datacenters and offices of the company; implementing and maintaining/supporting a highly scalable platform; providing services to clients across the globe, with the ability to understand and assimilate complex cross-discipline, and cross-technology concepts and processes; documenting and implementing ITIL methodologies; developing a capacity and performance planning discipline.
– Design, upgrade, monitor, manage and troubleshoot enterprise infrastructure for the enterprise.
– Engineer, assess, and review future hardware and virtualization architecture solutions, 3rd party management tools/applications and implement life cycle maintenance processes.
– Follow enterprise policies, standards and position statements for new and existing hardware and virtualization technologies.
– Provide technical expertise for multiple hardware and virtualization programs and projects.
– Provide capacity planning, performance monitoring and disaster recovery.
– Coordinate service/support needs with Vendors, Technical Support Engineers, Application Support Engineers, and the Infrastructure Team through effective partnership, collaboration and communication.
– Provide 3rd level support for the enterprise applications and administration teams. The candidate must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift or on-call schedules when necessary.
– Participate in security and application troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams, including storage, virtualization, hardware, DNS, SMTP, networking, storage and servers.
– Expertise with scripting primarily PowerShell, familiar with html, VBS and C++.
– Strong troubleshooting skills with Microsoft software primarily Hyper-V, SQL, Active Directory, server operating systems, Terminal Server and IIS.
– Manage Storage Systems for availability and performance. Specifically Nimble, HP and Dell.
Experience – Essential
– Extensive experience in IT infrastructure services: Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Virtualization, hardware, Windows Servers, Backup, Failover, clustering, DNS, SMTP, networking, storage and servers.
– Experience in Microsoft Active Directory
– Extensive experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 for administering Hyper-V, applications, Systems Center, VDI and storage in an enterprise class environment.
– Experience with Patch Management and working with security team for vulnerability assessment and remediation on data center systems.
– Strong PowerShell scripting related to Microsoft servers and System Center for management, troubleshooting, reporting and monitoring.
– Experience in Systems monitoring using SCOM
– Experience with SQL server, clustering and failover
– Experience with Data center redundancy, planning, migration, COOP site planning and failover.
– Experience with Certificates and SSL.
– Solid understanding of IT components including Networking, Network Load Balancing, various Operating Systems, SAN/NAS storage, SQL, IIS, Hyper-V, x64 hardware, Single Sign-On solutions.
– Must have a solid understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles, practices and processes in providing and managing the delivery of a large scale, enterprise-wide service. This includes incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, and availability/continuity management. The member must have sufficient knowledge and experience to design and establish these processes and practices within a service organization.
– Ability to work successfully with others in large and small teams. Ability to motivate others to perform at a high level, taking appropriate risks, and accepting personal accountability for actions and decisions.
– Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to transform technical knowledge into business language (e.g. reports, presentations, etc.)
Experience – Preferred
– Has worked in an IT support role or engineer role within a law firm or professional services industry.
– Experience of SQL and SQL Database administration
– Worked in an organisation that had ISO27001 certification
– Education relating to either IT (or sufficient relevant experience).