Stephens Scown LLP is a leading law firm offering a wide range of legal services to clients across the south west. Currently the UK’s No1 law firm and ranked 16 on the Times 100 best companies to work for. Our values (Commercial, Dynamic, Friendly, Integrity, Reliable, and Supportive) are at the core of everything we do which means everyone works to deliver the highest standard. The firm currently has 300 employees across its offices in Exeter, St Austell and Truro.
Due to an investment programme in business applications and new technologies we are looking for an additional skilled IT Trainer to work to work with our Senior IT Trainer in improving employees IT knowledge and skills, enabling them to make more efficient and effective use of the firm’s IT. You will be based in our Exeter office and be expected to travel to other offices when required.
• To deliver effective and engaging IT training on all current and future software and systems used by the Firm.
• Provision and delivery of class room based IT training courses. This includes IT Induction training for new starters.
• Regular floor walking and 1:1 assistance support for project rollouts and on an ad hoc basis.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of written training instructions and online learning materials in the form of e-learning courses, training videos, intranet pages and tips and tricks articles.
• To provide regular updates, feedback and recommendations associated with the Training Programme.
• Responsibility for keeping training records up to date.
• Assist the Senior IT Trainer in the production of training reports for review by the IT Director.
• Co-ordination of training schedules in conjunction with relevant individuals.
• Responsibility for ensuring that all training facilities are correctly laid out and all equipment is fully functional.
• Research, test and develop new training related tools and technologies which can be used to support IT Training and professional development training.
• Ensure that all employees receive the right training to contribute to the success of the firm.
• To assist the Senior Trainer to create an eLearning library associated with the Training Programme using Adobe Captivate 9.
• To perform effective quality assurance on all training content and materials.
• 2 – 3 years’ experience of IT training delivery, preferably within a professional services environment.
• Microsoft Office Specialist (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
• Knowledge and experience working with e-learning software (Captivate or other)
• Technical qualification not essential but advantageous
• Knowledge and interest in emerging training related tools and techniques
• Experience training with the iManage, Document Comparison, Pdf Documents not essential but advantageous.
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
• Confident, professional and well presented
• Excellent organisational and administration skills
• Ability to deal with high level workloads and changing priorities
• A team player with a positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to demonstrate behaviour in keeping with the firm’s core
values of Commercial, Dynamic, Friendly, Integrity, Reliable and Supportive.
• You must have a resilient nature and be able to command respect and trust.
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:15pm, and as required
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org