Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter (July/August 2013, issue 266)
• You can download the digital edition (it is a 2.7Mb PDF file) FREE of charge here. Legal IT Insider – July/August 2013
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• Who’s in & who’s out: all the wins, deals, swapouts & rollouts from the UK, US, EMEA, APAC and Rest of the World
• Aderant say best-of-breed point solutions are so 20th century – OK not quite but they are gaining traction with their own case management and CRM solutions
• Liam Flanagan’s Enable venture is all systems go – we reckon their PitchPerfect pitch document creation application is a no-brainer purchase for law firms – and could their GO Legal software be the SharePoint DMS the legal market has been waiting for?
• Still life in the probate software market – the clients may be dead but the profit margins are growing
• Fresh on the Radar – we take a first look at LexisDraft from LexisNexis
• Comment: Charles Christian says ban the word “automation” in products designed for lawyers if you hope to sell to them!
• Ediscovery – you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig – apparently the same goes for installed software trying to become a cloud application
• Worldox say watch out world, DMS users are looking for change and we will be the next choice
• Vital Statistics – it took you 44 hours to get to the UK!
• Plus Five of the Best – the editor’s pick of some of the best stories from the Legal IT Insider website this month
• And Dilbert’s data center is lost in the cloud
Our next September issue will be out on Wednesday 11 September 2013.
• We also have a flip-page version of the newsletter for you. It does contain Flash which may not work on an iPad unless you are running the Puffin web browser. You can access the page-flip version here http://issuu.com/inksweatandtears/docs/insider266