Latest Channel News: New Alliances, New Accreditations, New Websites – and more
Time for another catch-up on industry channel news, this week featuring: DPS Software & ETSOS + Egress Software + RBRO Solutions + Capensys & DocsCorp + DocsCorp & Worldox + DictateNow + MitraTech
• UK: The new collaboration between DPS Software and ETSOS enables conveyancers to use the market leading and only fully Outlook-integrated conveyancing system seamlessly connected to the UK’s number one conveyancing search specialist. They can now find and order searches right from their DPS case management system. The companies’ joint offer brings key services under one roof, simplifying the work of commercial and residential property solicitors. By being able to access the ETSOS Web Search Tool from within a case file in DPS, users are now able to perform and submit searches using the same system and associate the reports, instant conveyancing quotes, on-demand pricing and all other relevant information emailed by the system to the right files automatically. The combined search supermarket and case management systems will allow law firms to grow their conveyancing volumes, capture more work from estate agents, save time and money and improve customer service by providing them with a more straightforward way of handling their cases and searches.
Phil Natusch, Managing Director of ETSOS says “Thanks to our integration with DPS, not only will conveyancers have immediate access to an extensive resource to order searches, DPS workflows can incorporate the results into the case management system to achieve even greater efficiencies.” DPS Software’s Managing Director, Osman Ismail adds ‘’The collaboration with ETSOS will help us deliver on our strategy of offering a holistic practice management solution that provides all the web services and specialist applications that a legal business would need. The recent integration creates the bridge between ETSOS’ conveyancing search engine and our case management system, enabling users to perform all the necessary conveyancing operations straight from their DPS system.”
• UK: Egress Software Technologies has been shortlisted for two Computing Security Awards – Encryption Solution of the Year and Security Service Provider of the Year. Winning these awards comes down to a public vote, so Egress are encouraging people to vote for Egress in both categories and in return have a chance to win an iPad Mini. Just visit the Computing Security Awards website www.computingsecurityawards.co.uk and select ‘Vote Now’ from the top navigation. (It’s flashing, so you can’t miss it!). Then fill in your details and use the dropdown menus to vote for Egress in both the ‘Encryption Solution of the Year’ and ‘Security Service Provider of the Year’ categories. You’ll then receive a confirmation email.
• US & EMEA: RBRO Solutions, a provider of of DMS and content management solutions, has launched a new website and self-service support portal. The new website provides an overview of the full range of RBRO’s products and services, and addresses how RBRO can help resolve some of the content management challenges that organizations face. It also provides access to a variety of RBRO materials, including the company blog, case studies, data sheets, whitepapers, articles, videos and much more. The new self-service support portal allows clients to log a support request, edit existing service requests, view active service requests and view the history of service requests with resolution dates. Over the next few weeks, RBRO’s clients with an existing Support Agreement will be provided with unique login credentials that will allow them to access the portal. Clients without an existing Support Agreement can contact RBRO to inquire on how they can obtain access to the portal. The self-service support portal is an enhancement to the offerings of RBRO’s Support Team, and provides clients with both flexibility and convenience for their support needs. Clients can also continue to contact the Support Team by phone or email. www.rbrosolutions.com
• US & EMEA: Capensys and DocsCorp have partnered to create comprehensive online learning for compareDocs 4, document comparison software, and pdfDocs 4, PDF management software to ensure law firms get the most from their software investment. The Capensys goal-based approach to learning will allow firms to provide targeted training for all types of users, and which will encourage user adoption rates. The content, a mixture of video and audio lessons, will integrate with leading Learning Management Systems (LMS) to help manage an individual’s learning and development needs. “We are thrilled to be able to work directly with DocsCorp to further develop our online learning library for the latest versions of their software,” said Sue Pasfield Director at Capensys. “Our scenario-based online learning provides a relevant “real world” learning experience for users and is proven to increase user adoption.”
• US: World Software Corporation has announces the availability of contentCrawler for Worldox, a valuable add-on tool to the Worldox document management system (DMS). Image-based files such as faxes, image PDF files, and scanned documents can be profiled into Worldox. However, access to content in some of these files is limited or may even be invisible to your search technology if you do not use OCR (Optical Character Recognition). contentCrawler for Worldox, licensed from DocsCorp, solves this problem by identifying non-searchable content and converting it to a text-searchable PDF. Any files that are identified as being image-based documents are saved as either new versions, attachments or related documents with an invisible text layer added to the document to facilitate your search. contentCrawler for Worldox can search and convert backlogs of legacy documents as well as actively monitor newly-profiled documents whether they are stored inside or outside of Worldox.
• UK: Digital dictation and transcription services provider DictateNow has achieved the internationally acclaimed standard for information security management, ISO 27001:2013, following a detailed assessment by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA), a world leading, UKAS certified, independent provider of Business Assurance services. The more widely achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification recognises organisations that define, establish and maintain a quality assurance system for manufacturing and service industries, with around 50,000 businesses in the UK so far having attained the standard. This latest standard, ISO 27001:2013, so far achieved by very few businesses in the UK, with DictateNow believed to be the only certified digital dictation outsourcing provider, requires the business to set security objectives, monitor its performance against them, whilst addressing risks and opportunities as they become apparent. Managing director Garry Park comments “To achieve these standards so quickly, demonstrates the importance everyone within DictateNow places on the security of the information we handle for our clients and the quality of service we deliver. ISO 27001:2013 is not just a standard you achieve and forget.”
• US: Mitratech has released its latest research white paper At the Intersection of Legal and Compliance: The Opportunity for General Counsel to Meet Increasingly Complex Compliance Requirements and Lower Business Risk. As compliance demands expand in both quantity and financial impact, compliance and regulatory issues are at the forefront as a top priority for General Counsel, although the role that they play in this function is still evolving. This new research is based on findings from a market-wide, cross-industry survey of legal departments conducted during the summer of 2014. Among the highlighted findings from the survey include the fact that the legal department has primary responsibility for the enterprise compliance function in 40% of surveyed organizations. Through a comparison of two recent FCPA violation cases with dramatically different outcomes, the new whitepaper also outlines how the legal department can put in place the policies, controls, and organization structure that will lead to lower overall business risks in spite of increasing compliance challenges. The whitepaper can be downloaded (registration is required) from the Mitratech website http://info.mitratech.com/Intersection_of_Legal_and_Compliance.html