As Michael Aspel used to say, we have a bumper-bundle legal IT, legal business and ediscovery events coming up for you…
• Dealing with the media in the era of Leveson MD Communications invites you to this one-off media training seminar to give lawyers a better understanding of how they can engage with journalists. Speakers include: Jonathan Ames (Consultant Editor at The Global Legal Post and freelance for The Times Law + Sean O’Grady (Associate Editor of The Independent) + Robert Verkaik (Security & Whitehall Editor of The Mail on Sunday) They will discuss what the future looks like for the modern mass-selling media in the era of Leveson; why Leveson’s proposals are set to fail; and what journalists now want from lawyers.
Wednesday 20 March 2013 (6:15 – 8:30pm) Aldwych House, 71-91 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4HN Tickets: £87 plus VAT. Places are limited. Register here http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/4902604823#
• Microsystems Webinar Join Microsystems for a webinar on Technology to Eliminate Risks Associated with Manual Document Reviews, to learn how a new solution enables lawyers to turn around legal agreements more quickly and accurately and with little to no end-user training.
Thursday 21 March
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM GMT
• The Society of Licensed Conveyancers have four regional road shows in April
Tuesday 16 April – Mercure Hotel, LEICESTER
Wednesday 17 April – Convey Law Offices, NEWPORT
Saturday 20 April – Holiday Inn, BRENTWOOD
Thursday 25 April – Novotel, YORK
Full details and a booking form are HERE and they are free to existing members or those who join before or on the day. Places are limited so we would advise that you book early. For information email firstname.lastname@example.org
• OchreSoft Probate Seminars Legal workflow specialist OchreSoft has announced details of a short seminar season for private client professionals. The free half-day events will take place on 22 April – Crawley + 23 April – Leeds + 29 April – Bristol. The programme will combine speakers, roundtable discussion, networking and an exclusive first look at OchreSoft’s latest probate, wills and LPA workflow solution, Intelliworks Private Client. Registration is at 9.30 and the event will conclude with a light lunch. To book your place, you can either email email@example.com, contact Sue Jones on 01793 836730 or register at www.ochresoft.com/Contact_Us/Book_an_Event.aspx
• AccessData 2013 User Conference will be held 23-to-25 April at the ARIA Las Vegas and will feature Dan Abrams, ABC News legal analyst, attorney and author, as the keynote speaker on day two. More information about the AccessData User Conference including registration links can be found at http://www.ad-users.com
• Sherry Bevan Consulting has launched a new workshop for the law firm IT service desk, the first of which will take place Tuesday 14 May in central London. Places are available at £495 per person on this one day course – email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your places.
Course overview: Understanding the business of a law firm + The role of the service desk + Effective communication skills + Relationship management: users, the business, other IT and business support teams + People management including coaching tools + Performance management: metrics, SLAs & KPIs + Marketing and promoting the service desk
• LitWorks & Espion Litigsation Support Training Programme in the UK LitWorks, a DTI Company, is launching its Certified Litigation Support Professional Training courses in the UK with Espion, a leading forensics and eDiscovery service provider in Europe. The program will be taught with an eye towards cross-border litigation. The first training course LitWorks Certified Litigation Support Professional will be held on 18-to-21 June, at London’s Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes, Marylebone, and is suitable for document review solicitors, litigation paralegals, eDiscovery professionals, legal aides and IT professionals. More details at http://litworks.net/