We’re starting the week off with a round-up of the latest legal IT people hires and moves in the UK, EMEA, APAC, US and ediscovery sectors…
• CPA Global has appointed Marcos Antunes (pictured) to head up its business across Asia Pacific, which is a major growth area for the company. As General Manager, Asia Pacific, Antunes is responsible for leading CPA Global’s continued expansion in the region, helping meet the rapidly increasing demand for IP management services and software.
Antunes has a strong commercial background and extensive business experience in Asia Pacific. Before joining CPA Global, he was Business Development Director, Asia Pacific, for international marketing services company TAG, part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group. In this role, Antunes led key client relationships in regional markets including Japan, Mainland China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore and Australia. Previously, Antunes worked for 10 years with Madrid-based AFA Press, a leading content and service provider for international media. He held a number of senior management positions with AFA Press, most latterly being Commercial Director, responsible for managing teams across 32 countries. Before that, he was Regional Sales Director, covering emerging markets in Asia, Middle East, South America and Africa.
• Wilson Legal Solutions, a provider of software and services to enhance law firm profitability and productivity (the company is a Certified 3E Services Partner of Thomson Reuters Elite) has announced the following new hires for the company’s office in central London:
– Ludwig Mensah is a senior application and implementation consultant and e-learning developer. He has more than 16 years experience working for law firms, professional services firms, and implementing projects for legal financial software development companies in the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. He has worked with both Aderant and Elite on a number of successful projects. Mensah works in an open and collaborative manner and has a proven track record of developing successful relationships with clients and delivering knowledge and support in regard to implementing law firm business operations and best practices.
– Jasen John Cavalli is a senior technical consultant who has been working in the legal finance and IT markets for 25 years. Cavalli has managed teams of finance analysts and IT practitioners in many leading international law firms and has trained legal and non-legal staff in the use and management of Elite Enterprise. He is an Elite Enterprise expert, finance systems manager and software designer/architect, and has a proven track record of using the Elite database structure and various versions of SQL. He keeps abreast of new software developments and releases including Elite 3E and has worked with many software vendors.
– Tim Colmaine is a senior application consultant responsible for providing custom solutions to clients including Elite 3E IDE process development, Design Gallery services, custom BizTalk integrations, and Web services integration. He has more than 10 years of experience working as an Elite integration specialist providing analysis, development, and training and played a key role in numerous large-scale Elite 3E projects for several law firms in Europe. Previously, Colmaine was a technical consultant for Thomson Reuters Elite, EMEA, a senior analyst developer with HFW in London, and a project manager/developer with ILP LLP, also in London.
Incidentally, Wilson Legal Solutions was recently ranked #957 on the 33rd annual Inc. 500|5000 ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in the US. Over the past three years, the company has achieved a 471% growth rate.
• David Fryer has joined the KingsMead Square consultancy as a director and executive coach. Having begun his career as a solicitor, Fryer became Taylor Walton’s first full time managing partner between 1997 and 2004. He then became firstly COO and then CEO, via an MBO, of private equity backed technology business, BigHand. Most recently, David managed the UK arm of litigation services provider Epiq Systems.
• Leading marketing and design agency Jellyfish Legal has appointed a new non-executive director to add further strength and expertise to its already rapidly-growing legal marketing services business. Tim Hobbs (MBA) has joined Jellyfish Legal to help with the strategic planning and implementation of its portfolio of marketing services to the legal sector and to provide expertise and in-sight for identifying new business development opportunities. Working alongside managing director Ian Hunter and commercial director Jason Campbell, Tim will play a key role in the growth of Jellyfish Legal through the identification and development of commercial opportunities, the optimisation of financial performance and the delivery of successful client projects.
• NetDocuments has appointment of Wayne Harris as Senior Vice President of Global Sales. With over 20 years of executive sales management experience, most recently with HP Autonomy, Wayne will lead NetDocuments’ global sales strategy and partner programs to achieve rapid growth in the legal document management market. Matt Duncan, CEO of NetDocuments, commented “We’re thrilled to have Wayne onboard. He knows the legal document management market as well as anyone, and we’re confident his sales leadership will help take NetDocuments to the next level. It’s truly an exciting time to see the change from traditional and legacy platforms to a modern service like NetDocuments that focuses on usability, agility and mobility. Wayne will play a key role in accelerating this shift.”
• Acrowire, a strategic business and legal technology consulting company, today announced that it has expanded personnel with the additions of Brian Gough as Solutions Architect and Luke Seifert as Communications Manager. For more than 14 years, Gough has focused on SharePoint development, consultation and instruction. He most recently served at Polypore International as a senior collaboration engineer, where his duties included maintenance of the global SharePoint farm, the development of SharePoint projects and SharePoint consultation. He was named SharePoint Most Valuable Professional in both 2008 and 2009. At Acrowire, he will be responsible for SharePoint consultation and development for legal clients. Seifert joins Acrowire with more than ten years of recruitment and business development experience. He previously worked at a business development manager for staffing services provider DIVERSANT and territory sales representative for G&K Services. At Acrowire, he will be responsible for client and prospect communications strategies.
• TutorPro Ltd, currently celebrating its 25th year as an eLearning solutions provider, is pleased to announce that Tami Schiller has joined the team. Tami’s role as Client Engagement Specialist is designed to help clients fully utilize TutorPro solutions to address their business needs. Tami has 15 years of experience working in the legal technology space, both on the client and vendor side. She possesses a strong commitment to seeing individuals achieve their potential for technical competency and is always looking for innovative ways to deliver learning opportunities to busy legal professionals.
• Xact Data Discovery (XDD), a provider of discovery and data management services for law firms, corporations and government agencies, just announced that industry veteran Emily E. Collins has joined the company as a legal project manager, overseeing Xact’s managed review operations in Kansas City, Missouri. Collins brings to XDD both litigation and project management experience, having worked in all stages of trial preparation and discovery on cases involving the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Prior to joining XDD she was a practicing attorney with the law firm Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice L.L.C. in Kansas City. She transitioned from being a litigator to litigation support services to assist other attorneys in navigating the ever-evolving world of e-discovery and document management. Collins earned her Juris Doctor from Indiana University Maurer School of Law and is a member of the Missouri Bar Association.