Law Firm IT Trainer – Law Firm, Salisbury, £38k
Our client is a regional Law Firm with offices in Salisbury and London. The position of IT Trainer has arisen for the Salisbury office.
In this role the IT trainer will be responsible for delivering training programmes for both new and existing members of staff. The IT trainer will need to transfer skills, in both IT and non-IT subjects. The training will cover an existing range of application packages including Office 2003/2010 as well as a number of legal software packages.
As an IT trainer you will have a proven track record of providing training services, ideally to the legal industry and will also have advanced skills in Microsoft Office 2003 and 2010. Exposure to other legal products would be advantageous.
• Carrying out training needs analyses
• Promote courses within the firm
• Defining the skill sets needed to perform different roles
• Carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gap between current and desirable skill levels
• Designing training programmes appropriate to the skills needed;
• Developing an appropriate mix of formal (classroom) and informal (one to one desk side or floor walking) development activities
• Designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises as well as video tutorials (produced via Camtasia)
• Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
• Evaluating the effectiveness of training programmes and learning outcomes
• Maintaining appropriate records of learner development
• Develop new training courses as required
• Develop training plans based on the information from our support calls database to identify additional training requirements
• Take part in new software reviews and evaluations as well as partake in software testing
• Work on the support desk to both develop an understanding of the types of support calls as well as to support the IT department
• Undertake project work as and when required
• Provide general assistance to the IT department;
This role is based at the firms offices in Salisbury and offers a salary in the region of £38,000.
To apply contact Mark Lennard at Lewis Paige on 0207 871 9909 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org