Legal Project Manager / LPM / Legal PM (Delivery of Legal Services)
circa £65-80k + benefits and company bonus
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading law firm in central London. The company is top tier in its industry and a very sought after employer, providing excellent career development and career progression opportunities as well as a competitive salary and benefits.
As LPM in this company, you will be very visible in the business and a high level of professional communicating skills and ability to build report with stakeholders at all levels is crucial to your success. The function of the Legal PMO is highly regarded within the business and you will have exposure to all areas of the law practice.
You will be working closely with Lawyers, Partners and Matter Partners to manage the delivery of legal services to clients and furthermore be responsible for the profitability of major client cases.
Experience from the legal industry (e.g. law degree; practising law; working in a law firm) is considered an advantage, but more important is your exposure to high profile projects/cases and ability to secure buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
The LPMs role responsibility is to manage high profile client cases and work closely with fee-earners to optimise efficiency, main tasks will involve:
• Financial Management: ensuring profitability of matter cases via budget forecasting and tracking including complex fee-structure metrics; reviewing matter finances
• Project Management: planning matter cases in accordance to structured project management methodologies (e.g. Prince2); coordinate project resources; stakeholder analysis and management including potential conflicts of interest etc.
• Continuous improvement: identify opportunities for process improvement; support implementation of new processes and products e.g. new legal technology; coach colleagues in project management and work efficiency areas
• Very strong communication skills; able to persuade senior stakeholders and diplomatic communication style
• Experience with management of full life cycle projects in a structured framework (Prince2) including responsibility for budget/profitability
• Preferably an in-depth knowledge of the legal industry (e.g. law degree; practising law; working in a law firm)
• Previous experience working with fee-earners in a professional services environment
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
Picture More is recruiting on behalf of the client, please contact Marie-Louise Dornoy with any questions about the role.