Litera will be hosting its second The Changing Lawyer LIVE! conference on October 1st and has simultaneously opened nominations for The Changing Lawyer Awards 2020 (note the deadline for submissions is 25 September).
The conference keynotes are:
- Anousheh Ansari, First female private space explorer and CEO of XPRIZE
- Ed Sohn, Veteran managed services executive and head of solutions and product at Factor
Conference sessions will cover the trend of going paperless, the importance of diversity, and how legal teams are reinventing the way they work.
“The incredibly positive response from our first conference in April was really the driving force behind us running a second event this year that focuses on how 2020 has become a pivotal year for the legal industry when it comes to digital transformation and diversity,” said Julian Morgan, chief marketing officer at Litera. “We have some fantastic keynotes and panels lined up, as well as this year’s The Changing Lawyer Awards, and we’re looking forward to seeing everyone there.”
Registration is open now at https://info.litera.com/the-changing-lawyer-live-2020-october
Meanwhile, The Changing Lawyer Awards recognize individuals, firms, and companies in the legal industry for their roles in both embracing and driving change through new technology, service models, or behavior.
“The Changing Lawyer LIVE! brings together the legal community to discuss how successful lawyers, law firms, and legal service providers are adapting to embrace the changing environment. The incredibly positive response from our first conference drove us to expand the event to include the opportunity for meaningful collaboration,” says Avaneesh Marwaha, CEO of Litera. “The Changing Lawyer Awards program, now in its third year, highlights members of the legal industry that make bold moves to help drive change. Bringing these two programs together puts a bigger spotlight on innovative ways to move the legal industry forward, so we’ll be announcing the finalists and winners as part of the conference program.”
The Changing Lawyer Awards has four categories of recognition:
- The Law Firm of the Year Award recognizes the law firm that has most successfully reimagined the way they serve their clients.
- The Legal Innovator of the Year recognizes the individual who has driven the most significant change and provided strategic vision within their firm.
- The Disruptor of the Year Award recognizes the alternative legal service provider or legal tech supplier that has most successfully disrupted the broader legal profession.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an individual who has been influential throughout their career as a champion of change, demonstrating a commitment to driving the evolution and beneficial impact of technology within legal services.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, September 25. Nominations can be submitted through the awards website: https://info.litera.com/tcl-awards-2020
Additional details on registration and the agenda for The Changing Lawyer LIVE! can be found on the event website: https://info.litera.com/the-changing-lawyer-live-2020-october
For more information on the inaugural event, see summaries of the keynotes and panels on The Changing Lawyer Live Rewind.